Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP rearsets - anyone got them?  (Read 15319 times)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
HP rearsets - anyone got them?
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »
Damn that accessories catalogue! I'm thinking that rearsets would make more sense than the Akra for now, so does anyone have them fitted?

Let's see some pictures, and get your thoughts, if you have them. :028:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: HP rearsets - anyone got them?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »
Ordered from your previous link to the British BMW dealer with sale prices, saved me $350.00 off buying from NA. Nothing arrived yet, hoping by the end of the week.

Offline Welshman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW HP2 Sport
  • Town: Bewdley
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
Damn that accessories catalogue! I'm thinking that rearsets would make more sense than the Akra for now, so does anyone have them fitted?

Let's see some pictures, and get your thoughts, if you have them. :028:

Well they are made by Gilles who seem to do all BMW aftermarket rearsets, levers etc, and judging by the ones that were fitted fitted to my HP2, my S1000RR and my K13S HP, the quality will be spot and and they will look good. The Akra will save you a couple of kilos and have a deeper exhaust note but the performance gain will be negligible. If you're looking for enhanced performance the best bang for your buck will be lighter wheels. I've got Cotswold BMW checking out the price.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:51:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Welshman [+]
Well they are made by Gilles who seem to do all BMW aftermarket rearsets, levers etc, and judging by the ones that were fitted fitted to my HP2, my S1000RR and my K13S HP, the quality will be spot and and they will look good. The Akra will save you a couple of kilos and have a deeper exhaust note but the performance gain will be negligible. If you're looking for enhanced performance the best bang for your buck will be lighter wheels. I've got Cotswold BMW checking out the price.

Gilles do make some great looking stuff. The adjustability of the pegs appeals, as I find I could do with lowering the pegs a bit, to find the optimum riding position.

I'm inclined to hang fire on the exhaust for the time being, and see what the other manufacturers bring out in the coming months. Saying that though, I really like the quality of the Akrapovic systems, so will probably default back to them anyway! :008:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
I went to order the rearsets, but they are out of stock until the end of the month. :003:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Welshman [+]
If you're looking for enhanced performance the best bang for your buck will be lighter wheels. I've got Cotswold BMW checking out the price.

If you get the wheels on their own, from Europe, they are around £1000 for the pair, but if you want them with all the fittings (brake discs/ bearings etc), you're looking at around £2100! :005:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 09:43:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
I went to order the rearsets, but they are out of stock until the end of the month. :003:

I will send you a couple pictures as soon as they arrive on the slow boat from Britain. The sale price they had is pretty good, doubt to see that again especially here in the States.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »
Has anyone received their rearsets? According to one dealer, they won't be in Germany until mid to end of August.

Offline Welshman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW HP2 Sport
  • Town: Bewdley
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »
I have them on my bike. Very nice too.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master