Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello From Mid Wales  (Read 1044 times)

Offline cj125

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SPORT SE 2018
Hello From Mid Wales
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:50 PM »
Hi,

Just ordered the 2018 XR SE in the Motorsport colours which should be delivered in the next couple of weeks - but now been sent to work in India until the end of October so will get to pick it up then!

Just sold my 2015 Honda Fireblade which I bought new and totally new to BMW.

Virtually been through the whole forum in the last few days....enjoying the wealth of info  :002:

Test road the XR SE for a day a couple of weeks back and now cant wait to get my hands on my own.

Toured Europe a couple of times, once on a CBR 600 and once on the Fireblade and hoping to do the same on the XR in 2018....

Cheers,

CJ
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:46:01 PM by cj125 »

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: Hello From Mid Wales
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum CJ.  Let us know when you tour Europe on the XR. That's something I'd love to do.  :)

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
Hi CJ

I also went from a Fireblade (2012 model) to a 2016 XR

I was worried that I would miss the Blade, 18 months later and 12k miles and I don't

Saw a motorsport one in dealers this morning, looks really good. It had a dark screen and a HP seat

Enjoy

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by cj125 [+]
Hi,

Just ordered the 2018 XR SE in the Motorsport colours which should be delivered in the next couple of weeks - but now been sent to work in India until the end of October so will get to pick it up then!

Just sold my 2015 Honda Fireblade which I bought new and totally new to BMW.

Virtually been through the whole forum in the last few days....enjoying the wealth of info  :002:

Test road the XR SE for a day a couple of weeks back and now cant wait to get my hands on my own.

Toured Europe a couple of times, once on a CBR 600 and once on the Fireblade and hoping to do the same on the XR in 2018....

Cheers,

CJ

I forgot to mention, I really like the motorsport colors also. If I were getting a new XR, I would get that color combo.  :152:

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »
Nice one CJ   :400:, Cant say I've seen the new colours anyone have a picture please,
Adventure before dementia

Offline cj125

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SPORT SE 2018
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
Thanks folks.

Be great to get a few together for a tour but the logistics and amount of people I guess would be critical to getting the most out of it! Was bad enough planning for 3 of us a couple of years back  :087:

If ever anyone fancies a quick tour around Wales feel free to let me know....I obviously know some great roads living bang in the middle of it  :002:

I wasnt to worried about getting away from the blade, although I would have definitely missed it....did look at going the GS route but the bikes are massive and impractical for what I would want so on the off chance looked at the XR and glad I did!

Think a couple of pics of the 2018 XR with the HP Styling attached....

CJ

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »
Thanks cj  :002:
Adventure before dementia