Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat height options  (Read 3557 times)

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • Town: camelford
Seat height options
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
I tried the standard xr which I thought was a bit high eg toes just on ground. I am a bit confused about the options available . Can you get just a low seat for a standard bike or does that come with the lowered suspension ? My initial thoughts are lowered suspension  takes it to 790 from 840 and adding a sports seat which moves it back up to circa 810. Not sure of just a low seat for standard can work? Any experience / advice much appreciated

Offline millview

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
Re: Seat height options
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:26:21 PM »
The lowered suspension model comes with a lowered seat as standard.  I picked-up my new bike last Saturday and the dealer simply swapped the low seat for the standard seat - perfect!
S1000XR Sport SE

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
Thanks so what height does that make the seat? I only know the sports seat is 20mm higher than standard

Offline cj125

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SPORT SE 2018
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:01 AM »
Reading all these posts about the bike being to high - I have just ordered a new XR with the HP Styling and with a 31" inside leg measurement I though it would be a good idea to get the adjustable height lowering kit which the dealer is fitting before I pick it up.

Didn't realise at the time that the HP seat is taller than the standard so this may cause me some issue - I hope not!

I'm hoping to get the seat height to less than my old Fireblade around 820mm or less would be good.

I think there are a few options to achieve the height you want - it's just doing it without over spending!

CJ

Offline millview

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »
The lowered seat saves 20mm...ergo the lowered suspension plus standard seat means a height of about 810mm...
S1000XR Sport SE

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »
 :187:thanks for all the replies so I think I get it. The lowered suspension is actually 30mm lower which combined with the lowered seat means 50mm lower than standard. Then adding the Hp seat adds 20mm to whichever combination you go for?

Offline Watshot

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
Just to clear up some confusion which seems to have crept in to this thread:

The standard seat height is 840mm.
There is a low seat option available at 820mm.

There are two HP sports seat options available:

Standard height at 840mm, and high option at 855mm (so plus 15mm).

Any of these four seat options, in theory, can be used on the standard or lowered suspension bike.

Hope that helps clarify what is available.  :028:

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
Nearly! So when they quote 790 for lowered bike is that a combination of lowered suspension and lower seat? Hope this is the last question! Cheers

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: West Coast
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by wealdy [+]
Nearly! So when they quote 790 for lowered bike is that a combination of lowered suspension and lower seat? Hope this is the last question! Cheers

Yes

Offline millview

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
Just to keep the pot boiling on this, I have measured the height of my bike to the lowest point on the saddle and it is between 800 and 810 mm - that's with the standard saddle.
S1000XR Sport SE

dysfunctional