Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Position of Wiring Harness near seat lock  (Read 899 times)

Offline Valentino246

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cardiff
Position of Wiring Harness near seat lock
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »
Was having a little bother removing the seat to charge the battery when I noticed that the wiring plug had been placed close to the locking mechanism, rather than the plastic tab in the corner and as such it has chaffed the wiring. I have since moved it but wondered if you have noticed similar.
S1000XR Sport SE
Red 2017

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: Position of Wiring Harness near seat lock
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »
I actually found I had issues with the seat lock/latch when trying to refit the seat....If I pushed the seat hard up towards the fuel tank, I had trouble getting the lock to give that little "click" to latch....so I thought the same as you and had a fumble with the little harness/loom in the same area as the lock mech...to no avail.. :006:

After ten minutes of aimlessly fumbling around with it and looking for an adjustment of sorts etc...I finally came to the conclusion that if I fitted the seat and "didn't" push it too hard towards the front, it would latch every time :138: The adjustment and/or little harness had nowt to do with it..was just me being a twat...!  :034:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional