Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust options  (Read 5145 times)

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • Town: camelford
Exhaust options
« on: September 29, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »
Hi anyone opted for the scorpion end can? Looks ok and lots cheaper than the akro

Offline Lehi

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Glasgow
Re: Exhaust options
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »
I too hated the look of the std can and didn't like the Akro either - same size just a tiny touch prettier.  And the cost:-(   Few can makers do a version to fit the XR.  Finally opted for the BOS which is smaller, lighter, better noise and mucho prettier (a matter of taste!!!).  Good luck with your search.

Online feeb

• XR Member
  • Town: Leslie, Fife
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
I've got the Akro on mine but like the look of the Bos.
Does it interfere with panniers/passenger pegs??

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Lehi [+]
I too hated the look of the std can and didn't like the Akro either - same size just a tiny touch prettier.  And the cost:-(   Few can makers do a version to fit the XR.  Finally opted for the BOS which is smaller, lighter, better noise and mucho prettier (a matter of taste!!!).  Good luck with your search.

Really like the BOS in fact its  the only one I've seen so far that I'd consider spending money on. The Akra sounds nice but bloody hell why make it so fugly (imo) just couldn't part with my hard earned for something that looks like that.:005:
Do you have a link to where you got the BOS from. :028:

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Scorpion make a good product, and in most cases - make no less difference than a can by Akra, Arrows, Termi etc.........  without the price tag.

I do like the Arrow can for the XR, for style though.   Just a hint of chunkiness  :028:

Not so keen on the 'look' of the Scorpion, in comparison......

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:17:33 PM by Mareng1 »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »
I’ve had 3 different cans on my K1200 the one thing learn was that they are not all the same,i’ve always thought that Akra make the best cans and that is backed up with my experience of such the problem being the Akra option for the X/R is the ugliest can I’ve ever seen period.
I went with MIVV in the end it runs fine on the bike but I’ve nothing to compare it too except the stocker.

Offline Lehi

• XR Member
  • Town: Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
Hi feeb & forestboy - here is the BOS link: https://www.bosexhausts.com/bmw/bmw-s1000xr-2015-till-now-
You can see from my photos that I've removed the pannier and rear pegs hangers.   I can't be 100% certain but I think the BOS site claims they don't foul the panniers.  Good luck with your search.

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 05:15:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I’ve had 3 different cans on my K1200 the one thing learn was that they are not all the same,i’ve always thought that Akra make the best cans and that is backed up with my experience of such the problem being the Akra option for the X/R is the ugliest can I’ve ever seen period.
I went with MIVV in the end it runs fine on the bike but I’ve nothing to compare it too except the stocker.

Hi Winger which MIVV do you have and is it louder or quieter than stock as I really don't want the bike any louder.

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 05:17:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lehi [+]
Hi feeb & forestboy - here is the BOS link: https://www.bosexhausts.com/bmw/bmw-s1000xr-2015-till-now-
You can see from my photos that I've removed the pannier and rear pegs hangers.   I can't be 100% certain but I think the BOS site claims they don't foul the panniers.  Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the link can you tell me is it louder or quieter than the stock can as I really don't want the bike any louder.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by forestboy [+]
Hi Winger which MIVV do you have and is it louder or quieter than stock as I really don't want the bike any louder.

MIVV Speed Edge the low version there’s a higher,if i’m honest I bought it because I was expecting a fruitier sound what I got(cough) was a quieter exhaust  :015: the irony it runs way better than the stocker never pops on the overrun and runs like a good’un to the point I have never heard it all I can hear is the induction off the air box my other half on the back can’t hear it either I paid £290 new off eBay here in the UK.