Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Standard Seat Verses Low Seat on Standard Suspension  (Read 1476 times)

Offline otrp

• XR Master
Standard Seat Verses Low Seat on Standard Suspension
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
Hello all,

I see the other thread is talking about suspension and low seats etc. I did not want to confuse anyone or highjack the thread, so I am starting this thread to hopefully get some info on just the low seat.

I was just wondering if any of you have the standard suspension version of the XR with a low seat, instead of the standard seat? 

I have been thinking of getting a low seat on my standard suspension XR, but I am not sure if the slight difference in the lowered seat height is worth the financial output.  I only need about an inch to get my feet planted better on the ground and did not want to lower the suspension for the one-inch.  I can touch the ground with most of my foot, but my heels are not touching.

To those who put on the low seat, did it make much of a difference compared to your standard seat, as far as getting your feet more planted on the ground?

I have never seen the low seat at the dealers.  I was also wondering if they took out some padding compared to the standard seat, or if they made the seat narrower in the crotch area or both to achieve the lowing?

Is the low seat less comfortable on longer rides than the standard?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get an idea before buying the seat.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Standard Seat Verses Low Seat on Standard Suspension
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
As previously mentioned - it makes a sig difference, and does the same for the XR as the low seat does to the GSA - for me.

Going from balls of both feet(std seat), to both feet flat on the tarmac (low seat).  The comfort isn't compromised either - it is all-day comfortable.

See if you can get one S/H, and if it doesn't do what you want - you may only drop £30 in the trial?   A lot cheaper than lowered suspension for sure.

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »
Awesome. That is just what I was hoping to hear. Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it.  :002:

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
Thanks again for the info Mareng1. Went to the dealer today and got a very nice discount on a new low seat. He easily beat online offers and if I don't like it, he'll send it back.  I pick it up next Wednesday.   :002: