Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Second Hand X/R’s  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Second Hand X/R’s
« on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »
Went into what will always be Clark’s to me but now known as Blade Motoradd I have never seen so many second hand X/R’s must have been at least 8 last time I saw such was when folks were bailing out of early k1200’s in 07 when the new model came out is there something going on we don’t know or is it the dreaded PCP causing all the stock.

Offline scotti

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Teesside
Re: Second Hand X/R’s
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
First bikes are two years old and people are trading to a later model.  They are also saleable so the dealers are not yet trading them out of the dealer network.
I'll have my glass half-full thank you......
Regards
Scotti

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 05:15:05 PM »
If there is a new version of the XR on the way, I'll get my wish list into BMW:

• Slip/Assist clutch
  • Positive neutral finder (speak to Kawasaki for details  :001:)
  • Alarm with remote disarm

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
The effects of PCP, I suspect.

That facility has also kicked the arse out of S/H values.    I believe the dealers are also turning around the best PCP returns back out on a new PCP deal.

For your private seller with what might be a £10k bike -  it is a difficult sell due to similar bikes being available on PCP.   That is the way just about all cars and bikes (new) are sold these days.

I have to say, that the XR is gaining popularity since 2015/2016 if the new ones in the showrooms ready to go out to owners is anything to go by.    I think the Multistrade might have lost some lustre now a (hopefully) more reliable model (XR) is out there.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:24:41 PM »
Think your right this PCP lark is the route to a sticky end for bike prices just so those that can’t afford one can!!

dysfunctional