Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone want a second hand Xr Sport SE ?  (Read 6480 times)

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Anyone want a second hand Xr Sport SE ?
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
Had a missed call from my dealer this afternoon asking me to ring them asap. Returned the call and they've asked me to return my XR tomorrow afternoon as they got the vin number & number plates mixed up. They are going to take my number plate from my present bike and put it on the correct (brand new) vin number machine I should have had in  the first place. I've done 581 miles on this one and it was booked in for it's 1st service at the end of the month. As an apology they have offered me the first service free of charge.  I assume that they'll have to sell my old bike as  second hand ??

Hope the new one is as vibe free as this one turned out to be !!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Anyone want a second hand Xr Sport SE ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
Wow, never heard of that happening before!!   :305:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline manx1975

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by S1KXR-rider [+]
Had a missed call from my dealer this afternoon asking me to ring them asap. Returned the call and they've asked me to return my XR tomorrow afternoon as they got the vin number & number plates mixed up. They are going to take my number plate from my present bike and put it on the correct (brand new) vin number machine I should have had in  the first place. I've done 581 miles on this one and it was booked in for it's 1st service at the end of the month. As an apology they have offered me the first service free of charge.  I assume that they'll have to sell my old bike as  second hand ??

Hope the new one is as vibe free as this one turned out to be !!

Funny you should say that my dealer called me today as I pick mine up next week on Thursday, they wanted to check some details with me she said, so I said whats the problem she said we need to check what registration number you've been given. So I said the salesman gave me the registration number last week before he went on holiday as I sent him all the insurance docs. She told me what my reg number was and I said thats wrong its not what the salesman gave me, so she asked me to forward her the details from the salesman which I did on email and subsequently agreed they would assign the reg number that I originally was given by the salesman which saved me a lot of problems changing insurance again. She mentioned something about they had a mix up with another bike, so I am not sure if we're talking about the same dealer here or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »
 Roy piddocks, long eaton by any chance ?

Offline Krisstyx

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: Southampton
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »
I had issues when they tried to register mine due to a consignment number mix up because I had the low suspension option. Got £500 off my options & first service.

Offline manx1975

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 06:34:14 AM »
 :158:
Roy piddocks, long eaton by any chance ?

Yes, so I wonder what will happen to your current bike.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 08:05:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by manx1975 [+]
:158:
Yes, so I wonder what will happen to your current bike.

I can only imagine that it will be sold as second hand or offered to someone on the  XR waiting list at a good price. It's a good one as the handlebar vibes are very slight. I've just had a few days off work to get it run in as well. This one will take a little longer as I'm busy with work over the next couple of weeks.

Offline manx1975

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »
I can only imagine that it will be sold as second hand or offered to someone on the  XR waiting list at a good price. It's a good one as the handlebar vibes are very slight. I've just had a few days off work to get it run in as well. This one will take a little longer as I'm busy with work over the next couple of weeks.

At least they offered a fairly good compromise for you, and I am glad they were checking with everyone the details least I know mines going to be fine now. They may possibly put yours on as a demo as the sales guy told me the demo they had was sold so time will tell.

Cannot wait to get mine next week :)

Hope your replacement is as good as your current one.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
Picked my new bike up from the dealers this afternoon. Only difference is that my new (correct) bike has Pirelli Diablo Rosso II on it instead of the Bridgestone T30. I did 15 miles then had a warning light pop up on the dash. First thing I checked was the link bar on the rear suspension and sure enough it was hanging off, so I'm glad I read about that on here! Popped it back on then put nearly 90 miles on it. It's a bit buzzy as was the other one in the first 90 miles or so. Got back home and put it away. Just checked it over and found that it isn't data tagged. The data tag kit registered to my correct bike was installed on the first one, so another call on Monday morning to the dealers for them to fit a new data tag kit. The manager said they are all having a meeting first thing Monday morning to discuss the situation. It will cost the dealer quite a bit of cash as they now have a bike that they have got to sell as 2nd hand with the added expense of re-registering the (my) data tag kit for the new owner.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 08:30:37 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that the screen/sat nav mount etc seems a bit loose on my new bike compared to my old one. It moves quite a bit (back & forth) and I don't remember the old one doing that. . I added that my bike was data tagged when applying for my insurance so I'm not sure how I'd stand if it was nicked before I get it data tagged.
Getting a bit fed up with this now, it has spoilt what is supposed to be an exciting time and will tell Pidcocks on Monday morning my feelings.  :230: