Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel test  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Krisstyx

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: Southampton
Fuel test
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:50:36 AM »
Well today whilst travelling from Germany to France I inadvertently did a fuel range check. I managed about 205 miles till it started spluttering badly! About 10 miles was after the range went ---. So there you go! Also did some very high speed runs! Front end gets a little light & gets a wobble on. The Nav V says that I topped at 174 mph, but I only saw about 132 mph. XR 13 days old tomorrow & now has 2382 miles on it, still have 300 miles to do tomorrow to get home! Hopefully early enough to get to Bahnstormer & complain about the lost bar end weight & leaking fork seal.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Fuel test
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 02:03:07 AM »
I would be very cautious running this motor down to zero gas in the tank, will run the bike out pretty lean in that last 1/4 gallon. And with dual fuel injectors, not a practice I would ever attempt intentionally as it could end up messing up one or more of the injectors, though new not much crap in the tank yet.

Offline Krisstyx

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 01:37:02 AM »
Out of fuel under the only bit of shade available.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:51:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Krisstyx [+]
Out of fuel under the only bit of shade available.

Kriss, which tank bag are you using? I need to get something ordered up as I can't stand not having that spot to charge the phone and keep nick knacks close at hand.

Offline Welshman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW HP2 Sport
  • Town: Bewdley
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 07:25:02 AM »
I think that's the BMW tank bag. Here's one on my bike:

I think it's a good tank bag. Good waterproof inner liner and it's expandable. The photo shows it in its no expanded state.

Offline Krisstyx

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
BMW bag yes, I am still waiting for my baglux harness which was ordered in May, had to buy the BMW bag because I was going on holiday.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:53:26 PM »
Bags connection tank bag is the way I have gone with this bike as I was not overly impressed with the quality of the BM bag in relation to its price
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !