Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just added this R&G side stand foot extender. Pleased with the quality  (Read 1290 times)

Offline steveharleyuk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: gloucester
£39.99 off eBay

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
Re: Just added this R&G side stand foot extender. Pleased with the quality
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »
Thanks Steve looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet just lost the second Wunderlich one absolute bloody rubbish got a ice hockey puck grafted on there now a right mess. Should have bought R&G in the first place. Must try and meet up and have a ride out.  :028:

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: West Coast
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Check out some of the other brands while you're at it too.  I thought the R&G one looked the worst of them...  LOL, no offense.  Didn't like that black strap over the foot.  Such a crappy design.  Check out Motech's or Hornig or even this one off Ebay, which IMO looks better.  I've ordered the Ebay one and am waiting for it to arrive.  They looked very similar to the Hornig, but are better designed IMO, in holding down the feet.  And are made in Germany also.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sidestand-kickstand-footpeg-enlarger-for-the-BMW-S1000XR/272183915803

Offline steveharleyuk

• XR Pro
  • Town: gloucester
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 09:25:27 AM »
I did some research and a lot of them don't stay on so I went for the one that people Suad did. I actually like the obviousness of the strap but as you say personal preference.

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: West Coast
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »
IMO they should have done the band in silver too.  More discrete and would blend in.

Have you seen the Motech one?  I can't see how it could ever fall off?  Big Dawg here even scraped it during some serious cornering, and it stayed on.   :008:  The Wunderlich one is the worst designed.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
How much does that one (above) add to the length of the stand?

That is my bugbear - that the bike leans over more than I would expect.  I know you plan accordingly but I feel that a little bit longer would be a better compromise.

dysfunctional