Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from South Hampshire  (Read 2115 times)

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
Hi from South Hampshire
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
Hi - presently on a 2013 S1000RR.  Test rode the XR on Saturday.  Then met Baron Von Grumble at Odiham airfield on Sunday - he was caning round the track day on a demo XR from Bahnstormers - and beating virtually everyone in the fast group on it lol.

Just need to decide if I can afford a new bike.  I was incredibly impressed by the test ride - the bike ticked every box for me, comfy, hoofing quick and all the toys one expects from a beemer these days.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Hi from South Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:03:29 AM »
 :400:  Welcome to the forum.  You've come to the right place to get more info from others who now own the bike.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
Hi and welc mate get it bought my man, surely the rr would make a hefty deposit?... The Baron is a legend, is he as funny in real life?

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by johnboy1984 [+]
Hi and welc mate get it bought my man, surely the rr would make a hefty deposit?... The Baron is a legend, is he as funny in real life?

Cheers and I have - delivery in 3 weeks !!  Chopped in the RR and my back is going to thank me for it.  Actually the day I took my bike in to be valued I met the Baron again at the dealer (we share the same motorrad dealer) - he was dropping off the test XR he had been given.  And yes he is as funny in real life, clearly knows his stuff about bikes and has a great sense of humour.
S1000XR SE Sport