Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My Introduction  (Read 962 times)

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
My Introduction
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »
Hello. 

I've arrived at this forum while doing research on every motorcyclist's favorite topic: Oil changes.

Sadly, I am preparing to store my 'XR for the winter, and would like to swap out the oil and filter before doing so.  This has been my first year on the BMW, so I was looking to find filters, oil and quantities that others are using.

That's how I found all of you.  Now, as for me...

I'm a seasoned rider at 47 years of age.  I've spent a life-time on Honda motorcycles, with the S1000XR being the motorcycle that made me switch brands (my parents are both German, so this seemed a natural fit).  It's the best suited motorcycle for a rider wrapped up in family life, who spends most of his miles commuting, and can only sneak out for week long adventures on rare occasion.

The S1000XR is simply the most enjoyable motorcycle I've ridden in all of my years:  Nimble, light, fully capable and stupidly fast.

Thank you for having me here.  I look forward to getting to know you all.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Online otrp

• XR Master
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
Hello Low-Brau and welcome to the forum. I have to say +1 on the most enjoyable motorcycle.  :001:

Sorry to hear you are storing the XR already.  In my location, this is the best time to ride, with the cool dry air and the leaves beginning to change colors. I'm sure your riding window is much smaller in your location. 

I tend to ride all year, as long as there is no snow or ice on the roads.  Haven't been able to pull that off the last few seasons though because of the brine and salt solutions they litter the roads with, at the threat of a possible flurry.

Anyway, enjoy the new bike. Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:41:36 PM by otrp »

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »
Thank you!
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »
 :400: Low, Shame you have to store it for the winter, I'm just back from a day out in the Welsh mountains Rained almost from start to finish ,But I did get to test my Metzeler 01 s in the wet all 185 miles of it, must say they are a perfect rain tyre too,  :002:
Adventure before dementia