Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW MOA  (Read 1430 times)

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
BMW MOA
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:47:19 PM »
I have never seen it mentioned here, so I thought I'd ask. 

I was just wondering if anyone here is a member of the BMW MOA?  I got a free one-year, full membership card, when I purchased my XR.  I checked out the MOA forums and I don't think they are any more informative than here.  In fact, I like the look and feel of this forum better. 

I do get the monthly magazine and the other perks with my MOA membership.  I guess if you are stranded in the middle of nowhere, the BMW owner's directory really comes in handy.  I've seen stories of BMW owners in the directory coming out, trailering the disabled bike and bringing people back to their house, while providing food and lodging for them.  That's a pretty cool benefit to have if you tour a lot and may get into that situation away from home.

I was just wondering about peoples thoughts on the MOA and if you are a member or not.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:49:13 PM by otrp »

Offline Toolman_57

• XR Member
  • Town: Wash DC USA Area
Re: BMW MOA
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:08:40 AM »
I've been a member for 8 years. I've been to one rally and it was really fun. Don't use the motorcycle-specific forum that much except for travel planning. Their superstakes is really a good deal and charitable fundraising is pretty well managed. It's probaby a good option if you don't have a local owners group.

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 01:14:42 AM »
Thanks for the info Toolman.

Offline Brightballs

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S 1000 xr
  • Town: Cookeville
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 04:15:24 AM »
I have been a member for several years. I think it is a good organization. i have been to four national rallies and a couple of their weekend getaways which have always been fun. Every vendor under the sun is at the national rallies and is a great place to do some shopping. There are many seminars on various topics of interest as well as entertainment ,etc. I have also been involved with the GS Giants which are a part of the MOA and they do a lot of cool stuff like March Moto madness ,etc. I really enjoy the magazine. I have also had the pleasure rescuing someone who broke down in my home town. Hope this helps. Scott

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Town: Crockett, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:53:31 AM »
been a member for decades member # 13687 haven't been to their rallies in decades either, still like getting the magazine and at this rate will prob stay in for life
2016 Red Sled

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »
I was a member for many years, found the magazine very informative , being here in the UK I wasn't really involved but it was nice to read all about our USA cousins having a great time in an amazing country, I did eventually get over there though, hired a bike in Washington DC and rode down to the Tail of the Dragon had a great 3 weeks over there riding some great roads and meeting some really nice people,
Adventure before dementia

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 02:16:24 PM »
Thank you all for the comments. I appreciate hearing them.

dysfunctional