Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rubber on Metal Squeaking Sound  (Read 1062 times)

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
  • Town: Reading
Rubber on Metal Squeaking Sound
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:01:08 PM »
So i went to lube the chain tonight and as i was rotating the wheel, there was quite a loud squeaking noise that sounded like rubber rubbing on metal. However i couldn't really pinpoint the source of the noise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers
Simon

Offline sevenup

• XR Member
  • Town: Helensburgh
Re: Rubber on Metal Squeaking Sound
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:49:28 PM »
Chain rubbing on chainguard?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
It’ll be the chain running on the guide screwed to the swing arm experienced the same when I was cleaning and lubing the chain last night when you kneel down close to it makes a right racket think it’s made of plastic instead of rubber and also took the chain guard off to clean the crude underneath feck me what a ball ache that it is although probably better if your left handed  :002:

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
It’ll be the chain running on the guide screwed to the swing arm experienced the same when I was cleaning and lubing the chain last night when you kneel down close to it makes a right racket think it’s made of plastic instead of rubber and also took the chain guard off to clean the crude underneath feck me what a ball ache that it is although probably better if your left handed  :002:

I'll take another gander at the weekend. Funny thing is, i have never heard it before though  :084:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »
Neither did I till I was turning the back wheel last night and I’ve had the bike 2 years next feb.

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Neither did I till I was turning the back wheel last night and I’ve had the bike 2 years next feb.

:008:

dysfunctional