Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Ireland  (Read 780 times)

Offline stretch

• XR Junior
Hello from Ireland
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »
Hello  all:158:

Just a quick intro and a confession while i'm at it.... i'm not a XR owner , but after taking one recently for a test ride I'm completely sold on this fantastic bike.

Currently I ride an ZZR1400 which i do love but my bones are aching for a bit more touring comfort.

I hope to be a proud owner for a XR in the not too distant future though... just need to do a bit more saving!  :084:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Hello from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
 :400:

The ZZR appears to be a cracking bike, but - certainly not as nimble as an XR, and really only comes into its own on an autobahn blast?   The XR will comfortably take you on a long run at speeds over 90mph as well as the ZZR - but you'll probably get off it .............  upright!

If you are looking at a S/H XR - there will be some good value ones out there. :158:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
The norm is welcome to the asylum  :002: and looking at some of the posts on here recently pretty dam close to the truth because the bike is an upright sports bike and this site is a crossroads in motorcycles from the anal GS mob to the RR brigade and everything in between  :001:

If you can afford it i’d keep the 1400(I still have my K1200r among others) the X/R is very focused and a lot of folk have already come and gone because they were just not honest with themselves.

Offline Spikeydog

• XR Member
  • Town: Bristol
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Welcome aboard.....i too had a new generation ZZR 1400 after several ZX12Rs. I traded in my 2015 1400 for an XR after test riding one and though i was being a bit rash as i had the 14 for just about a year. Really glad i did, as nice as the 14 was, the XR is a much better bike all round (in my opinion) It is more comfortable and on UK roads, just as quick in real terms as the 14. Had mine in Ireland this year and it was great to be home on it. Get one, you won't regret it.

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »
Hello Stretch and welcome to the forum.  Here in the states, you can get a lot off MSRP this time of year. Also, if you come across a demo model, you can do quite well. Not sure how these things work out in the UK. Let us know how things go with your potential purchase.  :002:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »
Welcome.

The XR will not disappoint.  Well, actually, it will disappoint.  No motorcycle is perfect, after all.

However, my own conclusion was that if I had only one motorcycle, and it needed to be respectably capable for any type of riding I felt like on a day, the XR was it.

It has not let me down.

Oh, and it's stupid fast.  :169:
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark