Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: A book for Christmas  (Read 783 times)

Offline JayJay10117

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE
  • Town: Portstewart
A book for Christmas
« on: November 16, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »
Hi folks.  My nephew has asked me to try to source a book for him for Christmas.  He isn't looking for a specific repair manual, more a generic type of reference book covering how a four stroke engine works, a two stroke engine works, a gearbox, braking and fueling systems and really anything else motorcycle wise.  I have trawled online but as yet, haven't come up with anything that appears to cover the general subject.  Is there anyone out there who would have any suggestions??    :440:

Online otrp

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: A book for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
Hi JayJay.  This may help. It's from Cycle World Mark Lindemann and the editors of Cycle World.

It's called The Total Motorcycling Manual.

It covers everything from types of bikes, riding gear, riding skills, repair and 291 essential skills.

I got it from Barnes and Nobel here in the States, for something like four dollars because my wife liked it.

I found it on Amazon.  Hope this helps.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Motorcycling-Manual-Cycle-World/dp/1616286075/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1510867640&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=the+total+motorcycling+manual

Offline JayJay10117

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:11:37 AM »
Thanks otrp. I'll have a look for that one

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »
Go into eBay.uk put On Two Wheels they are years old you know when you bought one each week and then you put them in a folder.

You can buy a complete set for peanuts and while they were done years ago full of great reading he’ll love them assuming you don’t keep them when they turn up  :002:

Covers evertything from sport to twostroke/fourstroke/Rotary engines and everything in between.

If you looking collectable then go ’Motocourse’ something to sell in his old age

Offline JayJay10117

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »
Cheers Winger. I had that complete set of On Two Wheels myself!! God I had forgotten about them. Went to the bin years ago lol. I have a collection of Motocourse annuals myself that I was thinking of selling as they never get looked at nowadays. Not a complete set, few 80's then complete 90's through to mid noughties.

dysfunctional