Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Belfast, Northern Ireland  (Read 2077 times)

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
Hi from Belfast, Northern Ireland
« on: July 22, 2015, 01:33:53 AM »
Hi folks..
Well where to begin, Ive been riding a 954 fireblade for the past 4 years but recently been wondering if suffering the discomfort etc is really worth it.. long story short, wanted a multistrada, didnt know the xr existed, walked into bmw to view a used multi, saw the xr, the rest is history.. ordered a red sport with sat nav prep, bike is due first week of september... cant wait, the test ride blewme away  :152:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Hi from Belfast, Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:01 AM »
Welcome aboard the XR mothership.

Your story sounds a lot like mine, went out to buy a Ducati and drove home with a BMW XR.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 11:31:47 PM »
 :400:  Welcome to the forum!
I was also thinking about a Multistrada for the same reasons and took one test ride on the XR and was sold.
Have to wonder how many of us new owners were also considering the Mulit before the XR bug hit??
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:05:33 AM »
I'm BMW in the brain anyway as I have an M3 in the driveway also. My next sportsbike was going to be an s1000rr before I got the notion to sit upright, so the xr was just the perfect obvious choice... Im not a fan of twins, that was the biggest thing putting me off the Ducati, so the xr saved the day... As soon as I laid eyes on the xr I was sold...

dysfunctional