Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEC Bike Show  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
NEC Bike Show
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »
That time of year again don’t need a new bike/parts/riding gear or just about anything else but it’s always a great social day for us from the friends we meet there to taking the mickey out of other poor souls we know working on the other side of the counter answering the same questions for a week  :087: hopefully the cake and coffee will be good.

Anyone care to explain when folk get on a bike at the show they always pull the clutch lever in  :001:

Any road up in the door first thing tomorrow,not too many plus’s living in B’Ham but when it comes to tricks of the trade getting in the NEC does have an upside  :002:

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
Re: NEC Bike Show
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:30:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
That time of year again don’t need a new bike/parts/riding gear or just about anything else but it’s always a great social day for us from the friends we meet there to taking the mickey out of other poor souls we know working on the other side of the counter answering the same questions for a week  :087: hopefully the cake and coffee will be good.

Anyone care to explain when folk get on a bike at the show they always pull the clutch lever in  :001:

Any road up in the door first thing tomorrow,not too many plus’s living in B’Ham but when it comes to tricks of the trade getting in the NEC does have an upside  :002:

Yep off next Saturday with my grump Scot's mate, who will complain endless about the amount of walking and people in his way and how much it all costs but at the end of the day will go, "what a great day out enjoyed that"!

Funny on the clutch thing I always cover the front break, I know the bike is bolted down I guess it's just habits!

Enjoy the show.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:30:18 PM »
I must admit - I'm always interested in how much/little is required to pull the clutch lever.   I generally don't bother sitting on the bikes though - and certainly don't say "Take my photo on this bike!" :431:

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:55:16 PM »
Funnily enough when we were agonising over either a Multi or an X/R at the end of 15 we had to do it I hated it,as luck would have it we met another couple with the same dilemma and as soon as she got on the back of the X/R she was taking her hand from the top of her head to his to explain the sitting position and we had quite an interesting conversation about such,ironically at the time the ergos of the Multi was way better but in the end we just couldn’t get on with a high powered twin.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
I think that "perched right up there" pillion position has lost a few sales for the Multistrada and the Tiger Sport.

Works well if you have a cameraman on the back - I suppose......... :002: 

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »
Logically you sound about right but the reality it’s totally different apart from my Supermoto it’s rare that I ride one up hence when I read all the tosh about screens and what works one up assume because no one ever says!!!  two up is a different ball game and with a wife who has sat on the back doing a couple of thousand milers she’s knows what works just as much as I do and this X/R shows all the signs of being to be able to get the job done on a big day as well,but with 3 other bikes that can also get the job done in their own way it ain’t the only show in town.

Offline teenxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1KXR
  • Town: Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 10:48:26 PM »
I'm going to poke - prod - fiddle and sit on as many bikes as my butt will go on... :028: perhaps see if i can touch the ground flat footed...  :046: which never really happens..
did get the knee doon at the last show mind you.. the bike was bolted at a great lean angle  :047:
Might get a good few pens, and some lanyards too along with other freebies - usually given to me to leave the stand hahahaa :745:

And where is it your getting this cake and coffee from?  :164:

Yeah am a brake puller no really the clutch - no idea why, same as GazK.. just cause

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »
An excellent day was had by all cake and coffee was as good as the social side and the the toastie later plugged the hole,oh the the bikes and stands!! I’m sure others will be along to say how good or crap they are who travelled a dam sight further than we did,although I have to say slightly miffed that after paying serious money for my Klim Badlands last year they have already done something about the collar that’s rags my neck grrrr.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
Going next week, for the first time ever.   Gotta be better than the Scottish Bike Show which is done like dinner - in an hour.   :180:

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
Go with a plan get in early do a lap then coffee and cake think about what floats you boat and go again you’ll end up wandering aimlessly about just like everyone else in the end  :087: we got in at half nine and left at three although that did involve a lot of gassing to all and sundry  :015:

dysfunctional