Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Greece  (Read 2011 times)

Offline GrStr

• XR Junior
Hi from Greece
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
Hi from Greece,I'm George and i just sell my Triumph S3R for a more comfortable bike with the ability to make you smile...and XR is maybe what i need  :001:

I would like to apologise for my english!

Greetings!

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: Hi from Greece
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »
Hello George and welcome to the forum. Your english is just fine.  Yes, you did get a bike that will definitely make you smile.  :002:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »
Welcome! 

I have found the XR to be the single motorcycle that will do everything in great comfort, with little modification required.

I hope you do too!
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »
 :400: George, your english is much better than my Greek , where about do you live in Greece ,
Adventure before dementia

Offline GrStr

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
@Low-Brau What modifications are needed ?
@Elvisto  I'm from Athens,it's about 15 years since i took my certificate in English so i'm a bit unsure if i make any mistakes.

:821:

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by GrStr [+]
Hi from Greece,I'm George and i just sell my Triumph S3R for a more comfortable bike with the ability to make you smile...and XR is maybe what i need  :001: I would like to apologise for my english!
Greetings!

GrStr - Welcome to this forum which has a great variety of XR owners from around the world. IMO/ for me, the XR is the best "overall" motorcycle I've owned, I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

As for modifications on the XR, ("I'm  6' tall - 32" inseam"), there is NOTHING I've really needed to do. HOWEVER.........I DID GET THE FOLLOWING:
- COX OIL & RADIATOR GUARD - GIVI ES5119 SIDESTAND ENLARGER - PUIG FRONT FENDER EXTENDER - CLEAR PLASTIC HEADLIGHT PROTECTIVE COVERS

Other considerations could be a more effective WINDSCREEN, possible DIFFERENT SEAT. Also, AFTERMARKET EXHAUST (none of which I need). In closing, each of us has different needs/ wants/ likes/ dislikes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:34:19 AM by mike k »
mike k

Offline GrStr

• XR Junior
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »
I would like to thank you for the warm welcome and wish good & safe rides to everyone.

The next days i'm going to order my XR so i would like to know if there are any issues with the d-esa suspension and if it's worth the extra cost...i'm a traditional rider and all these electronics make me a bit confused.

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR whi
  • Town: NY Metro
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
HI George and welcome.  Your English is allot better then the British guys on here. Sometime I don't know what the heck they are saying!  :001:

I am with you on the suspension. I am modding mine. I find it is not suitable for my 200lbs (230 with full gear) and riding style. The push button change of suspension is great and all, but for one I don't find it does all that much, for another it's still not tuned to my weight and taste.  I'm having the rear customized while still keeping the ESA and the front tweaked a bit.

That's my only complaint with the bike, the suspension set up and excessive travel, but other than that it's a really great bike. YOu have to get it in white though as all the other colors slow it down too much  :001:

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by GrStr [+]
I would like to thank you for the warm welcome and wish good & safe rides to everyone.

The next days i'm going to order my XR so i would like to know if there are any issues with the d-esa suspension and if it's worth the extra cost...i'm a traditional rider and all these electronics make me a bit confused.

IMO - if you're ever going to sell it, I'd estimate 75% + riders would want to purchase it "fully" loaded (w) d-esa. As for d-esa, at 190LB's I find it works fantastic/ gets the job done for me. Could it be better for "me", of course it could, but it works so good (8.5 to 9 out of 10), not to mention the convenience of d-esa, that I'm glad I have it. In closing, it really boils down to personal choice.
mike k

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »
Hi George and welcome,

Go for the full D-ESA...you won't regret it...the XR is an amazing bike, it's comfortable, has more power than most will ever need and handling/brakes like a sport-bike.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:02:26 PM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!