Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: first proper ride out  (Read 1249 times)

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
first proper ride out
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Well Just completed my first proper ride out today. Awesome thats all I can say, more than meets all my expectations with both comfort speed and handling.  :001: :001:. I also did a 60 mile motorway stint to check out the so called Vibes, bit mystified.now as the Vibes seemed no worse than almost every bike I have owned. Most recently A MT09 Tracer & My Z1000SX. Both these bikes have vibes at varying revs but nothing to concern me, and I feel the same about the XR  nothing to concern me their, so very happy days. :152: :152:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Spokane, WA.
Re: first proper ride out
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »
Bree - I totally agree with you. The XR is some machine-motorcycle and were blessed to be able to own and ride one. BTW, the vibe thing was never a big thing for me at all, and I never really noticed or cared about it, until some journalist and various owners of the XR talked about it (IMO, the power of journalism & written words can be very effective in helping to prove truth, hope, also doubt and misleading problems).

mike k

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
Agree with you lads....most i4 engines buzz a bit...the only ones I've ridden which didn't were the Blackbird and ZX14...both turbine smooth...but they both have balance shafts..!

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:46:23 PM »
The vibes I was experiencing dissipated after a few thousand miles. I can feel some slight normal vibes here and there, but totally normal.  I don't use heavier bar end weights nor have I done the bar bushing retro fit. Loving it.  :001:

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »
Mines fine...although it is a '17 model with the newer rubbers as standard.. only have the stock bar weights too...never really did buzz a "lot" even when new... and has become better with mileage.

Smithy.   
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!