Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Finally...  (Read 5128 times)

Offline mediamark

• XR Member
  • Bike: R1200GS Exclusiv
  • Town: Sheffield
Finally...
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »
After paying my deposit at the start of June and then waiting for what have seemed like weeks in the wilderness,
I finally have my new bike registration number, my insurance is sorted and I'm collecting my Sport SE on Friday morning! :D

The weather forecast is good too!!  :305:

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Re: Finally...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
 :047: :152: :046: :062:

So, we won't be hearing from you for a while then eh !!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »
Congrats on the new ride!!!  And you have the entire weekend to get to the first service mark!   :002:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline manx1975

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »
You're going to love it, picked up mine this morning rode my S1000RR up to Long Eaton which I part-ex'd and rode back on the XR, was a great ride except for the D-ESA! warning which came on.

But quickly fixed that as it's a common fault, excellent ride so comfy.

Handlebar Vibes were not bad, vibrates a little at 5000 RPM but when you get through that its fine.

My BMW Navigator with System 6 Bluetooth was great, even told me where all the speed cameras are on the way back :)

Fantastic bike, hope you enjoy yours!

Offline mediamark

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
Thanks,

Got that nervous, excited feeling. Feels like Christmas!  :152:

Had a play with the Nav5 last night. Slight issue with maps being locked but think I know how to sort it.  :028:

Enjoy yours too! Weather's looking good.  First service booked. :082:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »
You won't sleep tonight! Just like I won't sleep tomorrow night, as I'm having my first service & Akra fitted on Saturday! :008:

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:49 PM »
bastards, this is doing my head in... Ive got until first week of september ffs  :173:  :001:

Offline mediamark

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
Whilst out riding today, I noticed my left boot looked wet.

On closer inspection, I discovered my bike was losing a significant amount of oil, all over my left boot, the left engine casing, front sprocket & the side and centre stands.

After a speedy return to the dealer's, they discovered the grommit surrounding the sensor cables on the top of the left side engine casing wasn't seated properly, allowing oil to spill out.

It was sorted promptly and it looks like a warranty claim for new boots & jeans will be going in.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by mediamark [+]
Whilst out riding today, I noticed my left boot looked wet.

On closer inspection, I discovered my bike was losing a significant amount of oil, all over my left boot, the left engine casing, front sprocket & the side and centre stands.

After a speedy return to the dealer's, they discovered the grommit surrounding the sensor cables on the top of the left side engine casing wasn't seated properly, allowing oil to spill out.

It was sorted promptly and it looks like a warranty claim for new boots & jeans will be going in.

Thank god you noticed the oil before any major damage was done. Pain in the ass to deal with but maybe the dealership will offer a bit extra on that new gear for your troubles  :305:

Offline mediamark

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
I very much doubt I'll get anything out of them. I was amazed they offered a warranty claim!!

My boots and jeans appear to be ok, so I'm hoping I get a cheque for their value then I can get a new helmet and interphone 5!