Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Replacement Battery  (Read 3170 times)

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon
Re: Replacement Battery
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »
I bought a battery off these guys and they were cheap and brilliant
https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/types/ytz10s/

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 10:13:07 PM »
I've had an SSB Lithium battery in my '17 XR for over 18 months now, not had an issue with it. Starts as good as it always has and charges fine.
Original BMW battery lasted all of two weeks before a cell shite itself, luckily I was at home when it happened, could have easily been 100's of kms away. BMW replaced it under warranty but I never trusted it..still have the brand new BMW battery sitting in the shed at home...I keep it topped up as a spare but have not needed it as yet.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Garbo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1kxr
  • Town: Newcastle
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 06:52:38 AM »
I had SSB lithium on both my busas and could not fault them. Have heard different opinions on compatibility with canbus and charging. Let us know if yours lets go Smithy.  :440: Have to hook up one day when you are up north or I am heading south. Would like to see all that carbon in the light. Cheers. Garbo😎

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 07:48:47 AM »
Gave my two stock batteries away on here a couple of weeks ago and have gone lithium,I’ve had my K1200r Sport close on 10 years and certainly nothing said about lithium and canbus it’s the cold that can cause the hassle,with them now turning up on eBay at £54 with a 3 year warranty just shows where batteries are going.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:49:20 AM by Winger »

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00:20 AM »
I wonder what people think CAN bus is sometimes :)

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 04:16:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Garbo [+]
I had SSB lithium on both my busas and could not fault them. Have heard different opinions on compatibility with canbus and charging. Let us know if yours lets go Smithy.  :440: Have to hook up one day when you are up north or I am heading south. Would like to see all that carbon in the light. Cheers. Garbo😎

SSB say they're canbus compatible...it's working fine thus far after 18 months or so....I suspect it would have had issues by now if there was a problem.

Yes...we must get together.....there's a Sydney XR Owners bookfarce group if you wish to check it out...we have a meet 'n greet on the 16th of this month if you're interested.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »
Gonna be pushing it a bit to ride there by the 16th, so have a drink for me.  :001: :001: :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 12:22:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Gonna be pushing it a bit to ride there by the 16th, so have a drink for me.  :001: :001: :001:
:028:

Smithy.