Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Powerbronze Hand Guards  (Read 943 times)

Offline steveharleyuk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: gloucester
Powerbronze Hand Guards
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
I feel that the original hand guards are too small, so while at the NEC on Thursday I picked up these Powerbronze for 60 quid. Instead of getting hand guard extensions these simply replace the originals. No other fixings required, I fitted them in between my bar ends as per the originals, five minute job. Pleased with the look, purposeful is how I'd describe them but you may think differently ! I've posted pics with both types front and back and then the pair from the front.

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
Re: Powerbronze Hand Guards
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
Look good I've got the extenders as you know, but they don't offer any protection below and I get extremely cold finger tips in the winter especially with the crappy heated grips. Be interested to have a look next week.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
Think my photo is in the how to post photos thread,put mine on after last years NEC,the problem being to get the protection from the lower part of the PB guard you need to angle them down and then they trap on the tank or Bagster cover in my case just takes a little work with a Dremmel  :002:

Offline steveharleyuk

• XR Pro
  • Town: gloucester
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Think my photo is in the how to post photos thread,put mine on after last years NEC,the problem being to get the protection from the lower part of the PB guard you need to angle them down and then they trap on the tank or Bagster cover in my case just takes a little work with a Dremmel  :002:

Hmm, I seem to have them in a position where they give a lot of protection above and below. They just about barely touch the black plastic on the tank if I force the bars as far as possible to full lock, so shouldn't be an issue. If I raised them a tiny fraction I'm sure they wouldn't touch at all.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:03:24 PM »
I’ll be more than happy when Mr Power Bronze makes a pair that not only keeps the weather off but protects you digits,I’ve a pair on my Tiger made by Touratech that do both but the said company seem very slow with all things X/R for some reason considering the bike has been out close on 3 years.

dysfunctional