Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Touratech Handguard extenders  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Surfinghulk

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Hemel Hempstead
Touratech Handguard extenders
« on: July 22, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
Noticed that the GS WC handguards were the same as the S1000XR, and had a set of these on my old GS. Weather being as it is in the UK, I fitted these this morning. 

I think they look good, and they help keep the rain from blowing up your sleeve.  Come the winter, these will be fantastic.  Also took the opportunity to put a drop of threadlock on the bar end bolts while I was there...

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Town: South Central
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Surfinghulk

• XR Junior
  • Town: Hemel Hempstead
Re: Touratech Handguard extenders
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
That's the kiddies...

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Surfinghulk [+]
Noticed that the GS WC handguards were the same as the S1000XR, and had a set of these on my old GS. Weather being as it is in the UK, I fitted these this morning. 

I think they look good, and they help keep the rain from blowing up your sleeve.  Come the winter, these will be fantastic.  Also took the opportunity to put a drop of threadlock on the bar end bolts while I was there...

My bike will be all tucked up under it's cover, chained to the floor in my dry garage !! My winter bike riding days are well & truly over. It is just a pleasurable past time for me now and there's nothing pleasurable about riding in sub zero conditions, driving icy rain and slippy roads !!

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
I have a set of Bark Buster Blizzards left over from my GS which I assume will fit when the weather starts to get a bit chillier
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 12:41:27 PM »
t just didn't make sense to me why the hand guards on the XR were not "full size". Surely they're for wind/hand protection, but didn't seem tall enough!

So I put some Givi extended ones on. They fit inside the existing ones, are smoked, and hopefully will keep the chill off on cold mornings.

I would say they'd fit fine, but if you have larger bar-end weights on - like I do, there may be a problem! This is easily rectified by dremmelling the inside of the new guards to allow the outer edge of the inner weight, to seat properly against it. otherwise the shoulder won't let it seat low enough down. Easy Job.

dysfunctional