Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hideout Suit  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
Hideout Suit
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
Hi All,
Has anyone had a bespoke suit made by Hideout in the UK?

At Motorcycle live the other week, I got measured for a made to measure \ bespoke textile suit, the reason is both my summer and winter suits are about past their best and I'm looking at replacing them, so the plan is to get Hideout to create a suit to do two jobs. 

Which it looks like they can do, looking a the design they can do pretty much anything I want and keep it waterproof and have a inner winter liner.

All good so far, the cost is quite high however I don't have to compromise on the number of pockets or vents or fit or have two suits.

Thoughts?

After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Online scotti

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Teesside
Re: Hideout Suit
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 09:28:47 AM »
I've had a set of Hideout leathers for about 20 years.  They are great - good quality, good fit and I still use them for track days.  The present Mrs Scotti had a textile suit from them and they took a lot of trouble to make sure that it fit correctly.
We used to live pretty close to them and the only reason I've not used them more recently is the presence of other reputable companies closer.
Regards
Scotti

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
Hey Scotti

thanks for the feed back nice to know the suits last I'm guessing the textile suits don't last a long as the leather ones but if it lasts 10 years I'd be happy.

I'll let you know if I go for it.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »
Let me say at the beginning I always found them pleasant to do deal BUT!! I had a pair of leather trousers made I guess 4 years ago went over there which is a bit of a hike got measured and they turned in the post way too tight right from the moment I tried them on I realised she’d made mistake on the measuring.

Took them back and after much huffing puffing stretching still no good,finally had them altered at cost to me on the basis i’d put weight on in between measurements i’ve Been exactly the same weight for close on 40 years!!! Not by chance I might add,so here I was 600 quid in and worn? 2/3 times for 20 minutes tops they are that tight.

That year we are are wandering round the NEC my other half sees a pair of Dainese trousers hanging up that look like they have thin legs(yea yea i’ve heard all the canary gags) fitted perfect 280 quid and they are spot on and wear them to this day,my Hideout’s hang in the wardrobe,maybe I was the exception to the rule customer wise but I just couldn’t be arsed with the hassle the quality is superb they just never fitted  :015: just glad I could afford to walk away from that kind of money.

So if your 6ft thin legs 34” waste depending on who’s measuring i’ve Got the trousers for you  :001:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:39:04 PM by Winger »

Offline eljay998

• XR Member
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »
Not had a bespoke textile from them, but had alterations done to both textiles and leather and they have always been spot on.
My wife always buys her kit from them and is very happy.
Bespoke can be very expensive, but IMHO if you can't get off the peg to fit, it's the way to go if you have the money.

I've always found Kate and her team in Hideout very helpful as well.

Just my experience.......
S1000XR sport SE

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
Hi Guys,
Thank you very much for the feed back.

I think it's going to be a the way to go as they can do what I want, yes the price is high however; every off the peg suit I've had has been ok but just not great.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »
Just like tyres and anything else you care to mention just down to personal choice my other half prefers Rukka i’m Klim Badlands but only the jacket not keen on textile trousers.

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
I have the Hideout Hipro textile suit. I've done 60,000 miles in it and it has been excellent. It's 100% waterproof, although I did have to have the crotch resealed after a couple years, which Kate did free of charge.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
I have the Hideout Hipro textile suit. I've done 60,000 miles in it and it has been excellent. It's 100% waterproof, although I did have to have the crotch resealed after a couple years, which Kate did free of charge.

Was getting your crotch resealed very painful  :745: sorry childish I know!

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
Was getting your crotch resealed very painful  :745: sorry childish I know!

Only when I laugh!  :745: