Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akrapovic Headers, Stock end can. Dyno results  (Read 14902 times)

Offline SurreyRider

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Maidenhead
Akrapovic Headers, Stock end can. Dyno results
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
Hi all,

I thought this might be interesting for those thinking of going down this route and want to know about the stock fueling etc.

My setup is: 15 plate XR, Akrapovic Headers (with lambda sensors installed) fitted upto the stock end can.

In this configuration the bike made 160.16HP at the rear wheel (around 175/180 at the crank  :001:), with stock ecu and fuelling. The tuner said the bike was a touch lean between 6-7K Rpm but nothing to worry about, then at the top of the rpm a little rich which is nice and safe. (See attached graph)

So as is the bike runs great and there is nothing alarming happening with the fuelling and it is making decent power. The tuner said that the fuelling could be smoothed out a little for better throttle response and a touch more power, but nothing dramatic.

I hope that's useful to you folks  :018:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:03:41 PM by Forum Admin »

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Akrapovic Headers, Stock end can. Dyno results
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Excellent that is indeed interesting :-)

I don't suppose you did a run with the standard headers before did you ?

Great that we have some proper testing though :-)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:19:05 PM »
Oddly enough just swapped bikes around the garage to get the X/R on the bike ramp to take the stock headers off,re the dyno all dyno’s are different but my K showed 162 and certainly over 120mph is stronger than my X/R but your run looks good.

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »
Before I tried an XR, my main concern was lack of low down torque.   In practice there isn't any shortage, and that power run certainly shows lots of torque from 3,000rpm.  No reason to think stock headers are any less.

Looks to be pretty smooth on power and torque - so no need to remap for any better.

Nice one

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »
Your completely missing the point the Akra headers come with a health warning click on their website or UK importers version saying that they need a 3rd party fuelling option,I have never seen such ever and blimey I’ve  bought some pipes and cans over the years,it’s nothing to do with how the stock bike is.

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
I'm lost ........

Do the Akra headers produce pronounced increase in low-down torque?  I would  have thought not - which was what I was alluding to - the great low down torque of the XR engine (for a 4).

Surreyrider is still using stock fuelling?

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
What the headers actually do is not what it’s about it’s th fact the people who produce the headers give them a health warning and it’s all about what the dyno says about the fuelling.

Offline SurreyRider

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »
To be honest I was interested in the power produced but it wasn't my main purpose for the Dyno run, and as you say figures differ on different Dyno's.

My main intention for doing the run was the fuelling because of Akrapovic's warning. I imagine it is just arse covering and in my case at least, there's nothing wrong with the fuelling at all.

Sadly I didn't do a run with the stock setup, sorry.

Offline SurreyRider

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Mareng1: Yes stock ECU and fuelling