Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Damn  (Read 1675 times)

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Coast
Damn
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
Looks like I will be getting a ticket from those friendly policemen in Austria, and it's not to the policeman's ball. Just got paperwork today asking who the driver of the vehicle was near Liezen...probably for speeding  :192: been a naughty boy again...

Seriously, anyone else in the UK experienced this and what did you do?

Thanks

Online Bree

• XR God
Re: Damn
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by barnsyuk [+]
Looks like I will be getting a ticket from those friendly policemen in Austria, and it's not to the policeman's ball. Just got paperwork today asking who the driver of the vehicle was near Liezen...probably for speeding  :192: been a naughty boy again...

Thanks

Grow a short moustache, Throw your arm out straight, and threaten them with the eastern front.  If that does not work then I suppose you will have to take the punishment.    :082:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:32 PM »

Thanks

Your in the vanguard of a whole new ball game because up till May of this year unless you were physically stopped on the side of the road and made to  pay(I’ve even had my license taken off me) there was nothing they could.

The game changed in May this year when the EU were given access to the DVLA now exactly how that is going to work if you cock a deafen to the letter is anyone’s guess because the need to determine who was riding the bike before they send a fine,what happens if you tell them Fred Bloggs was riding the bike and he live in Cairo!! What happens then?

Most of the folks I know who live in Germany/Holland/France just cough up and treat it as part of the game as I had the copper say to me ‘Ve know you English only fear points on your license’ your the second person I know of that has had a letter this year the other was from Luxembourg so i’ll be interested to see how you get on(and the other guy who I know)having had a life time of abusing speed cameras across Europe it’s come as a culture shock  :015: although I hear it will be stopped when Brexit is completed or I hope so  :001:

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »
Well here is the problem. The fine does not go to the DRIVER it goes to the actual registered owner. So if the bike is registered to you then it does not matter who the driver is, you will get the fine, BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE POINTS ON YOUR LICENCE. Or you cannot blame another Driver.
Its easy to check the law just google it and it will tell you exactly that. As to whether they will chase you for the money is debatable. PLUS the typical side to this is it is only one way IE. The UK police cannot fine drivers from Europe under the same law  :230: :230:. Sooner we are out of Europe the better.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:53:29 AM by Bree »

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • Town: South Coast
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
Thanks for the comments, I was aware of the changes to the laws and that EU drivers speeding in the UK cannot be chased. I thought about putting a friends address in the USA but to bloody honest for that. So hands up and lets see how much I have to contribute to the Brexit bill, you never know, if it's not paid, next time I'm in Austria and get stopped by plod I could end up in more trouble if on some arseholes database. will let you know the outcome..

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
Thanks for the comments, I was aware of the changes to the laws and that EU drivers speeding in the UK cannot be chased. I thought about putting a friends address in the USA but to bloody honest for that. So hands up and lets see how much I have to contribute to the Brexit bill, you never know, if it's not paid, next time I'm in Austria and get stopped by plod I could end up in more trouble if on some arseholes database. will let you know the outcome..

As I had said,if you are the registered owner, then the fine will come to you whatever. I have heard that some riders are fitting a false number plate when they arrive so they cannot be traced via road side camera. But that could just be a bit of an urban myth. Still at least you will not receive any points on the licence. Keep us informed of how you get on...

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »

I forgot to ask,did your letter come registered post?

dysfunctional