Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from the Isle of Skye, Scotland.  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Portree
Hello from the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:28:56 PM »
I've just traded my GS for an ex demo blue Sport SE. It snowed the day after I collected the bike so had to wait a few days before I got a run on it, I've only managed to do 100 miles but so far I love it. I had a 1700 Vmax but was struggling with it because of my dodgy hips so got the GS for comfort, the XR gives me the best of both worlds. My XR came with BMW tinted screen HP seat, adjustable rearsets, brake and clutch levers, and engine and frame protectors. I suppose there'll be plenty more extras to come. :152:

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: Hello from the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
Sounds a nice bike mate! I need the levers and getting gb racing engine protection!

It’s a long list of extras! I’m thinking of the led emblem lights I put a post up about them

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »
I think my next buy will be full exhaust, looking at Akrapovic headers with a short end can of some sort.

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:53:32 PM »
Hello Gunner and welcome to the forum.  That's a nice sounding kit you have there. Enjoy the new bike.   :002:

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gunner [+]
I've just traded my GS for an ex demo blue Sport SE. It snowed the day after I collected the bike so had to wait a few days before I got a run on it, I've only managed to do 100 miles but so far I love it. I had a 1700 Vmax but was struggling with it because of my dodgy hips so got the GS for comfort, the XR gives me the best of both worlds. My XR came with BMW tinted screen HP seat, adjustable rearsets, brake and clutch levers, and engine and frame protectors. I suppose there'll be plenty more extras to come. :152:

Welcome to the gang. And Yep its a Bm so extras are a given, enjoy the bike.  :190:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »
 :400:

Some great roads up the west coast for that bike (as long as you dodge the camper vans and other bonglies)

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Glad you're here!
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]

Some great roads up the west coast for that bike (as long as you dodge the camper vans and other bonglies)

I also drive a motorhome but can assure you not like the bonglies, I used to drive HGVs so the camper isn't a problem. If you ever come up behind me on the bike you won't be there for long before I let you past safely, I always Think Bike.

Offline Flashman

• XR Member
  • Bike: Fast White One
  • Town: Dyserth, N Wales
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Myself & 5 friends are planning on doing the North Coast 500 in late May including a night in Portree on May 25th after taking in a loop of the Isle of Skye. We're already looking forward to riding your ideal XR roads!  :305:

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flashman [+]
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Myself & 5 friends are planning on doing the North Coast 500 in late May including a night in Portree on May 25th after taking in a loop of the Isle of Skye. We're already looking forward to riding your ideal XR roads!  :305:

Thanks for the welcome Flashman, With a bit of luck you should get some good weather at the end of May. Some cracking roads for you to enjoy round Skye and heading up north. Have a safe trip.  :305: :821:

dysfunctional