Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ride Mag  (Read 10999 times)

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: Ride Mag
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 08:35:12 PM »
I cannot believe the bods at Ride (or was it bike) can rate the Versys as highly as the XR

I admit I have never ridden a Versys and do not intend to but all the same .........
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
I cannot believe the bods at Ride (or was it bike) can rate the Versys as highly as the XR

I admit I have never ridden a Versys and do not intend to but all the same .........

They must be retarded. Or being paid a lot from whoever makes the Versys (I genuinely have no idea who makes the Versys, and can't be arsed to Google it!). :008:

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
They must be retarded. Or being paid a lot from whoever makes the Versys (I genuinely have no idea who makes the Versys, and can't be arsed to Google it!). :008:

I had one a few years ago.  Kawasaki.  Mine was the 650cc one, they now do a thou as well.  It was actually quite good.  Traded it for a Gixxer Thou tho.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by bagwafu [+]
I had one a few years ago.  Kawasaki.  Mine was the 650cc one, they now do a thou as well.  It was actually quite good.  Traded it for a Gixxer Thou tho.

So, not that good then! :008:

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:37 PM »
No it was OK for commuting and the odd quickish ride.  Went round corners well and acceptable off the lights etc.  But not in the league of an XR.  Or RR.  Or Gixxer Thou for that matter.  There's a youtube vid of a dude going round Cadwell on one, smoking all the sportsbikes.  Fun video.
S1000XR SE Sport

dysfunctional