Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP Forged Wheels  (Read 7658 times)

Offline marcparnes

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • Town: SoCal
HP Forged Wheels
« on: January 08, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know for sure if the attaching parts from the stock wheels will work with the forged wheels or do we have to replace everything like the sprocket carrier as an example? The part#s are different which is why I'm asking.

Marc
'18 Honda Goldwing DCT
'17 Honda VFR1200X DCT

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: HP Forged Wheels
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
I had a good look at the HP forged wheels before I went Dymag,but my understanding is all the stock parts are transferable assuming you buy the X/R HP option and not the RR HP.

Offline marcparnes

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • Town: SoCal
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:29:04 AM »
I checked some of the part numbers and they apply to the forged wheels only so it doesn't look good. If the pictures are fairly accurate in the parts fiche then things like the brakes discs and sprocket carrier are completely different. I asked the dealer in Germany to check for me. Add in all the extra parts and it's way too expensive for my taste   :110:

Marc
'18 Honda Goldwing DCT
'17 Honda VFR1200X DCT

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:54:01 AM »
With 3 bikes that have Dymags and another with BST’s and a couple of friends that went for PVM’s i’ve been around the block more than once when it comes to after market wheels I have never known any manufacturer of aftermarket wheel do what you suggest.

My take on HP’s their a straight replacement just like they are on the last of the K series but weight saving V the cost didn’t stack up in my book hence why I went
Dymag.

For any other aftermarket wheel virgins  :002: reading this they are the biggest transformation you will do on any bike and if money is an issue just buy the front that’s the one that makes the difference.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
they are the biggest transformation you will do on any bike and if money is an issue just buy the front that’s the one that makes the difference.

Never even gave that a thought - as a cost-cutting option, but you are correct............ most of the benefit, for a fraction of the "set-cost".

Must see how much a front BST might be........

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
Yeah but who could live with the aesthetic of miss matched wheels ;-)

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
Never even gave that a thought - as a cost-cutting option, but you are correct............ most of the benefit, for a fraction of the "set-cost".

Must see how much a front BST might be........

I’ve a mate who went that route with a VFR800 the front is generic to lots of hondas Dymag refused to make a rear.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
Yeah but if he's riding a VFR800 he's obviously not worried about the whole aesthetic anyway :-)

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Yeah but who could live with the aesthetic of miss matched wheels ;-)

I’ve been running aftermarket wheels on bikes since 2000 I bet in that time I haven’t had 3 people notice which suits me just fine never mind being mismatched assuming their both black.

Things are different for me because I keep a bike years but always go the same route Wheels/Fuelling/ Supension and this X/R has been a bigger ball ache than all the others put together for reasons i’ll go into another time.

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Yeah but if he's riding a VFR800 he's obviously not worried about the whole aesthetic anyway :-)

And when he pulls up alongside my K or X/R at tickover always tells me that he never realised BMW made cement mixers!!

dysfunctional