Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Evotech Guards  (Read 3072 times)

Offline duffy502

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1R Sport
  • Town: Great Yarmouth
Evotech Guards
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »
 I’m thinking of buying a 2018 XR, has anyone fitted their S1R  Evotech rad and oil cooler guards to an XR?
It look the same on the Evotech pages but has a different product code.
 :440:

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: Evotech Guards
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:21:58 PM »
Hi mate, 2018 XR nice! Couple videos on you tube BHP bikes is one which shows you how it is fitted, (evoTech)
I went eBay a got a cheap pair for around £30 that slot into the fronts and wire tight, actually really good and no issues at all but hellish cheaper than £150!  :305:

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by LAMBO281 [+]
I went eBay a got a cheap pair for around £30 that slot into the fronts and wire tight, actually really good and no issues at all but hellish cheaper than £150!  :305:

Did the same myself....they fit fine and have had no issues with them yet... :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline duffy502

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1R Sport
  • Town: Great Yarmouth
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:29:36 PM »
Thanks guys but, I already own the S1R kit, and am trying to find out if it’s worth removing and fitting to the new bike.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:33:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by duffy502 [+]
Thanks guys but, I already own the S1R kit, and am trying to find out if it’s worth removing and fitting to the new bike.

I believe the R, RR & XR share the same guards, so you should be fine..! :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline eljay998

• XR Member
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:56:57 AM »
took mine off of my R and it was easier to put them on the XR.   :047:
S1000XR sport SE

Offline KSW

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »
Had the Evo Tech rad and oil cooler guards fitted to my XR before taking delivery last June, apart from protecting the rads I think they look smart and are in keeping with the rest of the bike,definetly recommend and worth the money. :028:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by KSW [+]
Had the Evo Tech rad and oil cooler guards fitted to my XR before taking delivery last June, apart from protecting the rads I think they look smart and are in keeping with the rest of the bike,definetly recommend and worth the money. :028:

Agree.  Not only was the price very reasonable compared to less smartly built guards, they were easy to install and look terrific.  :062:
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »
Just a word of caution if you have guards and ride all year round. Occasionally pop them off and clean the rads as crud builds up behind them and stops the rads cooling properly. First thing you notice is the fan working overtime.
My bike is washed quickly after every ride in the winter and usually once a week properly but it still built up. Now pop the covers off occasionally and give the rads a really good clean, makes a huge difference to the running temperature.  :028:

Offline BrianS

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: N Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 06:52:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by LAMBO281 [+]
Hi mate, 2018 XR nice! Couple videos on you tube BHP bikes is one which shows you how it is fitted, (evoTech)

£150? the Evotech guards where under £100 when i got them.