Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Abba Skylift  (Read 2729 times)

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
Abba Skylift
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
Anyone used an Abba Skylift for their XR?
Or even heard of one being used?

Thinking of getting one in place of the table lift.

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
Re: Abba Skylift
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »
bit the bullet and ordered one being delivered tomorrow, got sick of rolling round on the floor , will let you know how I get on with it
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:35:57 PM »
Is Abba themselves the only place to get them from?

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »
 :084: looked around but didn't see anyone else dealing in them
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline Sibbo46

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Dudley
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
I looked at them at the bike show but after going back twice I couldn't justify the price. As I get older I find I'm getting less enthusiastic about working on bikes ( or cars)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »
Never seen one before it’s a different option that is for sure only down side I can see is having to keep a concrete floor that thing wouldn’t roll around very well on my interlocking foam garage floor but I bet it folds up a dam sight smaller than my bike ramp when not in use.

Offline Sibbo46

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Dudley
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 08:10:05 AM »
I just got rid of my ramp for same reasons but was a little disappointed that the 3 lower legs on the skylift did notfolf together to allow it to go flat against a wall. It's ok if you have something like a workbench with a gap at the bottom so that you can slide the arms underneath.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »
I did have the Abba. but changed it as it is bike specific. It requires different fittings for each bike..
I changed to an EAZY RIZER Its not bike specific and comes with the fittings to cover most bikes. I like the fact that you can lift it by the wheels if you require freedom to get to the engine or you can lift via the foot pegs & Engine if you want to get at the wheels, forks, or swing arm. It does take up a bit of room but only a fraction of a lift table.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:35:18 PM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
I did have the Abba. but changed it as it is bike specific. It requires different fittings for each bike..
I changed to an EAZY RIZER Its not bike specific and comes with the fittings to cover most bikes. I like the fact that you can lift it by the wheels if you require freedom to get to the engine or you can lift via the foot pegs & Engine if you want to get at the wheels, forks, or swinging arm. It does take up a bit of room but only a fraction of a lift table.

I have the Abba stand that lifts from the swinging arm as Bree said you need different fittings for each bike soom do fit other bikes personally I'm luck I have a small Clark Lathe so I just make some for each bike as I go however; I know that Abba have a pack you can get from them that they say will fit all bikes.
I've looked at the Skylift but as I have a table lift and the swinging arm lift plus a couple of paddock stands space starts to become an issue.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »
Sod it !! Ordered one, with a couple of fitting kits. Watch this space  :821: