Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hp high seat.  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Hp high seat.
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »
Hi guys had a good ride out today roughly 140 miles bike was superb as normal problem is my back side  :034:
After about 2 hours it was in bits aching like hell
Ran into a fellow xr owner up in the Malvern hills with a high hp seat fitted to his bike he even allowed me to have a sit on his bike
The seat on his felt much better than the STD seat I have on mine
Does any one have a high hp seat that they would like to sell or swop for mine to try on theirs it's always a problem shelling out loads of wonga for seats when some times it makes no difference to the comfort everyone is different every bike I have my arse hurts I spent £600 on a corbin for my last gs just extended my riding for maybe an hour longer before the number arse kicks in  :152:

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: Hp high seat.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:37:08 AM »
Bought a HP seat last week from a member in Tewksbury. It's better than the original seat for sure but still not great. Had my original fitted with inch n half of memory foam at Sussex Motorcycles and it's bloody awesome. Not sure if I'll keep the HP or not but if I do I'll definitely have a layer of memory foam added to it.
If I'd paid full price for the HP I wouldn't be happy and if I was off to Europe today I wouldn't be taking the HP.
Hope that helps.  :028:

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »
Like all ergonomics on a bike-  it is a very individual thing.

Although the low seat is extremely thin - I find it all-day comfortable.

Have you thought about getting the seat modified?   Tony Archer might be able to add a gel insert or something?

http://tonyarcher.co.uk/services/bike-seats/

HTH :002:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »
If my backside isn’t match fit won’t matter what seat it’s on.

What I did notice the other day when searching seats is the height of the Touratech seat only surpassed by the price but at some time in the future might consider it an option.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by forestboy [+]
Bought a HP seat last week from a member in Tewksbury. It's better than the original seat for sure but still not great. Had my original fitted with inch n half of memory foam at Sussex Motorcycles and it's bloody awesome. Not sure if I'll keep the HP or not but if I do I'll definitely have a layer of memory foam added to it.
If I'd paid full price for the HP I wouldn't be happy and if I was off to Europe today I wouldn't be taking the HP.
Hope that helps.  :028:

Thanks for that I may well indeed see about getting some memory foam or something added to my seat did the original cover still stretch over after foam was added to yours got a picture by any chance I've tried gel before but just seemed hard stopped any vibrations but to firm for my butt

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:26:03 PM »
Tried gel previously on GS found no improvement. Memory foam seems far superior.
Plenty of stretch in the original seat cover, if you pinch it and pull it you'll be surprised how loose it is.
Take a pic in a bit and post. :028:

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 07:52:17 PM »
Sounds like the way to go  :0461:

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:28 PM »
Here you go inch n half of memory foam added, as you can see plenty of padding.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
Wonder if I will still reach the floor I’m not quite flat footed at the moment  :187: :821:
Mind u memory foam will prob squash down to  half inch with my boney arse on it do u remember what density it was

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 08:36:12 PM »
No sorry I don't, it did add height but not that much I'm 6'2" and flat foot easily.
Did a write up for another forum at the time will see if I can find it and copy here for you.
Did ring the guy who did it last week but he's moving premises at the moment so unavailable for a couple of weeks.
If I decide to keep the HP seat I'll definitely be getting memory foam added.

dysfunctional