Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front Paddock Stand  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Portree
Front Paddock Stand
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
 :465: Has anyone got a good paddock stand to fit the front of the XR, the one I've got with the two pins doesn't seem to fit very well.

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
Re: Front Paddock Stand
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »
pit bull
2016 Red Sled

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
As the OP is the UK Pit Bull is never going to be an option,google either Oxford front paddock stand I used one for years or if one wants to be a little fashion concious  :002: look at Harris they do some really nice stuff.

Offline D.C.F.XR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR White
  • Town: Derby
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »
Moto GP fits well and very sturdy one piece construction. Sportsbikeshop.com £41 bargain & free delivery.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/bike_it_motogp_premium-paddock-stand-front.jpg

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »
 :062: Thanks for the reply chaps, the Moto GP looks good, I'll also have a look at the Oxford. The pins on the one I've got are quite far apart and make it feel a bit unstable, the last thing I want is it slipping when I take the front wheel off. It was fine on my last couple of bikes but the forks are different on the XR..
 :821:

Offline D.C.F.XR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR White
  • Town: Derby
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
I've been riding since I was 15 so 40+ years and the Moto GP is the sturdiest one I've ever used. The one piece construction is made from thick steel tubing and the pins that the fork bottoms sit on are also very substantial. Cant comment on the Oxford as I've never used one, all I can say is one piece construction is always going to be the stronger.

Offline Gunner

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by D.C.F.XR [+]
I've been riding since I was 15 so 40+ years and the Moto GP is the sturdiest one I've ever used. The one piece construction is made from thick steel tubing and the pins that the fork bottoms sit on are also very substantial. Cant comment on the Oxford as I've never used one, all I can say is one piece construction is always going to be the stronger.

I do like the look of the Moto GP, another option is to dig out my old Micron which was quite stable and make something up to fit the fork legs on the XR.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 08:16:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by D.C.F.XR [+]

The one-piece unit should be stronger, but..... does it need to be?

"sufficient strength' is all that is worth paying for?