Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Austin Racing Slip-On  (Read 2134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AussieChris

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: au
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Perth
Austin Racing Slip-On
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »
Hello brothers. Yes! The short Austin Racing (AR) GP1 (Pannier & Racing options) slip-on is now available for the S1000XR!  Quick question: has anyone tried fitting the S1000R Austin Racing headers onto the S1000XR? AR have not yet fabricated the S1000XR headers so I’m thinking of going for Akrapovic headers onto the Austin Racing slip-on or buying the S1000R Austin Racing headers and fitting onto the XR.But it’s a huge gamble to purchase the S1000R Austin Racing headers in the hope they fit the XR. I’ve called Austin and they just shut me down in an instant when asked if S1000R headers fit the XR (disappointing to say the least). Below is a table of possible slip-on/header installs:
1) Austin Racing slip-on to Akrapovic headers.
2) Austin Racing S1000XR slip-on to S1000R headers

Has anyone tried the above?
Cheers in advance.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:44:29 PM by AussieChris »

Offline bazzer

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 518
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »
Is that pannier friendly.


Online Mareng1

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 736
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Is that pannier friendly.

Don't think so - I suspect it isn't pillion friendly either!    :305:


Offline bazzer

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 518
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
Not bothered about a pillion so much :-)

Offline AussieChris

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: au
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Perth
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:37:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Is that pannier friendly.

Yes, pannier friendly.

Offline Gatsoburner

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 03:56:39 PM »
Òooow...I bet that sounds awesome, love the AR.

£600 earth pounds...I bloody do wish they'd give the ability to swap it from pannier to non pannier modes, only the jiggering of the link pipe.. :232:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:02:37 PM by Gatsoburner »
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline AussieChris

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: au
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Perth
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gatsoburner [+]
£600 earth pounds...I bloody do wish they'd give the ability to swap it from pannier to non pannier modes, only the jiggering of the link pipe.. :232:

They do interchange! Check em out mate on their website.

Offline Gatsoburner

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »
Aha...so it does, another  £200, silly money..

 :151:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Mta1000XR

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Connecticut
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 05:12:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by AussieChris [+]
Hello brothers. Yes! The short Austin Racing (AR) GP1 (Pannier & Racing options) slip-on is now available for the S1000XR!  Quick question: has anyone tried fitting the S1000R Austin Racing headers onto the S1000XR? AR have not yet fabricated the S1000XR headers so I’m thinking of going for Akrapovic headers onto the Austin Racing slip-on or buying the S1000R Austin Racing headers and fitting onto the XR.But it’s a huge gamble to purchase the S1000R Austin Racing headers in the hope they fit the XR. I’ve called Austin and they just shut me down in an instant when asked if S1000R headers fit the XR (disappointing to say the least). Below is a table of possible slip-on/header installs:
1) Austin Racing slip-on to Akrapovic headers.
2) Austin Racing S1000XR slip-on to S1000R headers

Has anyone tried the above?
Cheers in advance.

I have the Akra MotoGP style slip-on from the 2017 S1000R, it wont go on the XR without removing the passenger footpeg. It doesn't line up so its a safe assumption the Austin wont either. The Akra headers, which I also have, are the same for the '17+ S1000R and all years of the XR. '16 and below S1000R headers would fit, I don't believe they changed the exhaust port diameter but I could be wrong. I'd contact Austin racing and say if you want my money tell me the diameter of the header pipes lol. That Austin can looks sick though. I literally just bought an SC project can and I wish I saw this first lol.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:14:25 AM by Mta1000XR »
Ride That Thang!

Online StuB

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: au
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Austin Racing Slip-On
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mta1000XR [+]
I literally just bought an SC project can and I wish I saw this first lol.

Which SC can did you get? Might be able to work something out here if the price is right