Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Second hand spares  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Second hand spares
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
Does any one else think that’ there is not very many second hand spares around for the xr and why that is  :157:

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
Re: Second hand spares
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:26:03 AM »
Probably because it hasn't been out very long, and it's not very popular..........

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 05:13:56 AM »
As above - the bike hasn’t sold too many compared with others, and. - 

Not so many have found their way to Lithuania in containers  :151:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:12:18 AM »
I’ll digress!!

When I bought my 1100s vitually new in 2000 I needed a few bits and bob and went to a bike breaker who was selling parts when I asked how stuff was selling he just couldn’t sell anything and wouldn’t until plenty of bikes were out of warranty I stocked up there and then and they been worth their weight in gold since.

Fast forward to the X/R parts are out there if you go looking for them i’ve Stock piled all sorts of stuff for absolute peanuts because both seller and I knew there was no demand,but still curse about the guy in Weymouth 18 months ago selling a pair of stock wheels with discs and tyres for 100 quid a piece and afterwards realised I could have got my brother in law to go and get them as he lives close bike grrrrr.

Hence why in a PM i said to Marc Parnes hand on to your stock wheels in years to come the front will be worth good money a dam sight more than it is now.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
I’m not into sales figures I thought it was selling pretty well
My only gripe is the unadjustable levers and the seat but I have a usless arse had the same with most bikes ever since I sold my Zrx 1200 which had a Corbin seat on that was like an arm chair
My mates just had a multi can’t wait to blow him away this summer but I fear he might be a little more comfy than me

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 11:56:32 AM »
Maybe I misunderstood you post I was thing OE spare parts as opposed to secondhand goodies.

They do appear on a regular basis despite what you read on here about Oh yea just bought an X/R best thing since sliced bread blah blah people bail out of these bikes more than what you may  think go back 18 months and look at posters most have already gone.

As far as seats go same as above but I had a conversation during week with Touratech about their X/R seat option.

Oh yes we can order one they say I bet you can say I but not before I have sat on one am I going to front that kind on money on a guess OH was the reply.

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
 blah people bail out of these bikes more than what you may  think go back 18 months and look at posters most have already gone.

Totally disagree with your analagy here. I am on other forums and it is exactley the same, posters come and go and has got absolutly nothing to do with people bailing out of this particular bike, it is just the way Forums go. I also find it hard to understand why you actually keep your XR as you appear to Gob it off at every opportunity.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
I didn’t think the XR sold in great numbers for the first year or so, and thought that BMW entered the market just to have a presence in that niche.  It didn’t have to sell well - they had the GS/GSA for that, but wanted to keep riders “in-house” with a bike in each category.

But - I think sales have multiplied, in the last 18months.   

Still not so many reached the recyclers/thieves yet.

I feel that with a lot of riders going down the PCP route - after 2–3 yrs, they are also not changing like for like- they are using the PCP as a method of constantly changing to the newest and bestest (as they see it) - it doesnt have to be the “perfect” bike for them as they dont plan on keeping for that long.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:33:08 PM by Mareng1 »

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 02:03:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
blah people bail out of these bikes more than what you may  think go back 18 months and look at posters most have already gone.

Totally disagree with your analagy here. I am on other forums and it is exactley the same, posters come and go and has got absolutly nothing to do with people bailing out of this particular bike, it is just the way Forums go. I also find it hard to understand why you actually keep your XR as you appear to Gob it off at every opportunity.

Re your other post about headers/gobs/yours and shut  :002:

Back on track check the posters from 18 months long gone,hence why now I buy nothing new just wait for goodies to turn upsecondhand.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
I didn’t think the XR sold in great numbers for the first year or so, and thought that BMW entered the market just to have a presence in that niche.  It didn’t have to sell well - they had the GS/GSA for that, but wanted to keep riders “in-house” with a bike in each category.

But - I think sales have multiplied, in the last 18months.   

Still not so many reached the recyclers/thieves yet.

I feel that with a lot of riders going down the PCP route - after 2–3 yrs, they are also not changing like for like- they are using the PCP as a method of constantly changing to the newest and bestest (as they see it) - it doesnt have to be the “perfect” bike for them as they dont plan on keeping for that long.

We need to thank Ducati they had balls to build such a bike and when others saw the sales jumped on bandwagon.

dysfunctional