Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear sprocket nut torque settings  (Read 894 times)

Offline TheG

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex
Rear sprocket nut torque settings
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Hi, I’ve just had my titanium sprocket nuts delivered and intend on fitting them today, I’ve searched the forums and just wanted to check the torque setting with those in the know, I’ve read that it’s 110nm for a non HP wheel, seems a bit high to me, normally you’d expect that with a rear axle nut?

Offline Bree

• XR God
Re: Rear sprocket nut torque settings
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheG [+]
Hi, I’ve just had my titanium sprocket nuts delivered and intend on fitting them today, I’ve searched the forums and just wanted to check the torque setting with those in the know, I’ve read that it’s 110nm for a non HP wheel, seems a bit high to me, normally you’d expect that with a rear axle nut?

Yes that is correct  110nm for sprocket 100nm for axle nut,.... :305: :305:   There is also a sequence to tighten the sprocket nuts. If you look at the sprocket and orientate the studs with number 3 at the top first stud to the left number 1 first stud to the right number 5 bottom stud to the left number 4 bottom stud to the right number 2 hope that makes sense    :305:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:52:39 PM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline TheG

• XR Junior
  • Town: Essex
Re: Rear sprocket nut torque settings
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »
Cool thanks Bree, i’ll get them torqued up.
If anyone’s interested I got the nuts from RSR moto £17.95 for 5, seem really good quality.
Thanks.

dysfunctional