Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Feel jealous but should I ?  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Feel jealous but should I ?
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »
Hi guys my neighbour purchased a new multisradaa couple of weeks ago he has had it bits this week attempting to fit heated grips took him all week
He has also got a centre stand to fit both of which I ordered for him off eBay
I really feel like I should be adding bling to my xr but it’s got everything I need to be honest thought about levers but they are not bothering me enough to warrant 100 quid spend engine bars maybe but 300 quid
Perhaps I should just accept I have bought a near perfect bike lol

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: Feel jealous but should I ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »
Think you've got it spot on just ride the bloody thing. :028:
Anyway he needs to get used to it being in bits, it's a Ducati. :745:
Mines coming up to 40000 and hasn't missed a beat doubt the Multi will achieve that. :001: :001:

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
Hi guys my neighbour purchased a new multisradaa couple of weeks ago he has had it bits this week attempting to fit heated grips took him all week
He has also got a centre stand to fit both of which I ordered for him off eBay
I really feel like I should be adding bling to my xr but it’s got everything I need to be honest thought about levers but they are not bothering me enough to warrant 100 quid spend engine bars maybe but 300 quid
Perhaps I should just accept I have bought a near perfect bike lol
Why spend money you don't need to?
Spend it on fuel and ferry tickets to the IOM instead.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
I custom ordered my X/R from the factory just about everything is an added extra including heated grips and center stand.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I custom ordered my X/R from the factory just about everything is an added extra including heated grips and center stand.

Can I ask what the benefit of that- was?    (or did you spec it without electronic suspension?)

That would have been my preference if available (at the right price)

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »
It was annoying because politically I should have bought a Multi and what i like with Ducati there was no attempt to rail road anyone where as that is exactly what BM do,no test ride on a non ESA and little help.

Just checked my bill.

Dynamic Package which I didn’t want but had to have it because I wanted the QS was £900 includes DTC/Gearshift Pro/Riding Mode Pro/Cruise Control/Led indicators.

Heated grips £240
Hand Guards £70
Main Stand £110
Luggage Grid £120

I didn’t want the panniers or rack but had the HP seat as stock.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »
So - to clarify, you have a non-ESA bike?

If so, did you upgrade the stock suspension or have that planned?

thx

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:03:19 AM »
I certainly do have a non esa bike I wasn’t going to have an ESA one at any price,yea yea I know lots of folks like ESA I don’t.

Re aftermarket suspension Jesus i’d Be typing all day suffice to say it should have been done 12 months ago,I don’t really know Nitron and with 2 bike with Ohlins and another with Wilbers it was going to be one or the other my other half prefers Ohlins but they said that they wouldn’t be making such for the limited market but now I see such has just turned up on eBay.

Wilbers have changed their spec twice and have gone from a 640 to 642 and their are other complications which are not for these pages but i’d Expect to get a resolution some time in the near future,although for a stock shock the rear isn’t to bad but well short of that magic carpet feel of after market
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:05:48 AM by Winger »

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:12:18 AM »
I suppose the market is minimal due to BMW not selling many 'basic' bikes.

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
BMW would have you believe that,when I was in process of trying to buy a K1200 without ESA and was as green as grass BM had me believing the above so thought no hassle i’ll Hang the sellers of such out to dry for a good price only to find the complete opposite and it was total BS and you had to be banging on the door the day the add appeared I even had the same with an X/R January 16 at Chester Motorrad.

Ducati sell either and market both on level terms BM do not and it was only my previous experience that helped brush all the BM BS aside when I was first asking about one and I ordered what I wanted.

When I first put my order in asked for a stocker not realising it’s possible to buy an X/R with not much more than wheels and engine so that was a steep learning curve and after about 4th change of spec the voice on the end of the phone said ‘Have you made your effing mind up yet’  :001: