Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The truth about dynamic pro  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
The truth about dynamic pro
« on: February 25, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
Hi all just wondered how many of you have had your xr in dynamic pro mode and where and what were the circumstances
Questions are will it loop out at high speed if u don’t back of the throttle
Will it spin up the back wheel in the same situation
Is it really worth having
 :435: :435:

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: The truth about dynamic pro
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:22:06 PM »
Never used it. Got enough oomph for me plus I like the way the electrics keeps everything in control, just. :005:

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:33:39 PM »
I am pretty sure that Dynamic Pro just turns off more of the safety measures, and should be very similar to the S1000R modes, see the last post in this thread:

https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,5634.40.html

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 10:27:18 PM »
The "nanny functions" ABS, DTC are "not turned off completely" in Dynamic-Pro mode unless you choose to do so.

This straight out of the owners manual:

DYNAMIC-PRO riding mode:
Sporty one-up riding:
DYNAMIC PRO is the sportiest riding mode. The DYNAMIC-PRO mode cannot be activated unless the coding plug is inserted.
The DYNAMIC PRO riding mode was developed for situations in which the rider has an open view of the road ahead and the surroundings and is for riding on dry surfaces with the high level of grip generally encountered only on race tracks.
Similarly, the assumption on which the parameter settings for this riding mode are based is that the motorcycle is fitted with tyres
with a very high level of surface grip and is ridden one-up.

ABS:
In this riding mode, the ABS intervenes later than in DYNAMIC mode. The shortest braking distances can be achieved. Lift detection for the rear wheel provides only minimal assistance. The rear wheel can lift clear of the ground. Assistance with integral pressure build-up is reduced
sooner than in the DYNAMIC riding mode. ABS for the rear wheel is switched on. Assistance is less than in the DYNAMIC riding mode.

In the DYNAMIC PRO riding mode the ABS Pro functions have only minimal support. Note that deactivating the ABS means that the ABS remains switched off even after the ignition has been switched off and then on again.

DTC:
The controller of the DTC system assumes that the vehicle is fitted with tyres with the maximum level of grip.
DTC offers only very slight assistance. Slip is highest in the DYNAMIC-PRO riding mode. Maximum acceleration is achieved.
The DTC intervenes so late that lengthy drifts are possible. Front-wheel lift detection is deactivated. Agility comes before stability in this sporty riding mode, so any wheelies are possible. It is up to the rider to control wheelies and prevent the motorcycle from flipping over backwards in extreme cases.
Note that deactivating the DTC means that the DTC remains switched off even after the ignition has been switched off
and then on again.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
About seven weeks after getting my XR, I decided to try out Dynamic Pro Mode. Following is a previous post describing  that experience.

https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,1533.msg11086.html#msg11086

Offline houlster

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »
I leave mine in D-Pro unless I have a passenger.  It definitely is a little more responsive to the throttle and mainly I like the ability to pull a wheelie when I want.  The Dynamic mode wheelie control isn't a bad idea, but it really ruins any feel for controlling one yourself.  The 1-2 shift is a good lift controller when it's coming up quick.

--Dan