Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cobra ultrashort  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Cobra ultrashort
« on: February 28, 2018, 11:35:36 PM »
Prob think most of u will agree that the cobra hypershot ultrashort are one of the best looking cans for the xr
Between all of us on here is there any one who could reproduce something similar haven’t seen them in the flesh but it’s only a couple of pipes bent to shape and a couple of fancy ends on
Does any one remember the Vance Hines urban brawlers they were very similar and were only a couple of 100 quid that’s the only thing I would like to add to my bike but can’t justify the 5 or 600 quid for the cobras

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
Re: Cobra ultrashort
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »
Hope this works but take a look at these there isn’t a lot to them but look great

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
I think this G.P.R. Exhaust looks pretty cool. However, I think its a custom one-off (I don't see it on their website for the XR). Also, dont know how it sounds/ how loud it is?
mike k

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:36:27 AM »
Mine looks like this now:

Smithy.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »
Please do not put those pics on here,  theres me sitting out looking at 1ft of snow, and your pictures looks hot and sunny  :192: :192:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:51:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
Mine looks like this now:

Smithy.
[/quote
That’s what I’m talking about smithy bet that cost u a lot less than a set of cobras are they a work in progress or do ride as it is wouldn’t get away with no dB killer in over here

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Yeah...that photo was a month or so ago when I was doing some R&D work on the pipes😉...they're a little different and do indeed have DB killers in them now. Sounds just a tad louder than stock. Stock pipe weighs ~6kgs..these little stainless pipes are ~400grams....and cost me about $50 Aussie sheckles all up and a couple of hours work.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
Fair play mate I think it’s the cat that quietens most of the noise any way I’m sure I can find some to make me a set over here just hate the cannon that comes oem like with most bikes

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »
The stock can actually flows very well, if you remove it and hold it up to the light, you can near see straight through it.

Smithy.

Offline teenxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1KXR
  • Town: Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »
 :001:  thats what I put on mine day i bought her.! shes got a right braw hummmmm  :028:

dysfunctional