Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member in london  (Read 654 times)

Offline Johnlar

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr sport se
New member in london
« on: March 03, 2018, 01:09:06 AM »
Waiting for the snow to go so I can pick up my s1000xr se from1 park lane.
Currently riding a ktm 950 sm, which is great for the city but I want hard luggage and like to have the flexibility of longer trips if needed.
When I first rode a 950 sm on a ktm orange day it felt quick nimble and had great brakes. I knew I wanted one.
But 5 years on I am looking for something else.
I tried the street triple and 1290 sdr which were great but not practical. So then I started looking at adventure bikes. Ktm 1090 didn’t grab me same story with the tiger 800.
I was curious of the GS so booked a test ride but again didn’t leave an impression on me.then I took out the XR and it was smooth and quick and light and heated grips and luggage and the sound of the exhaust I was smitten but I couldnt justify the price. So now I am thinking I want a sports tourer so tried a tiger 1050 sport, it’s quick but it’s not the XR. Next thing I know I am back in park lane choosing from a list of half price accessories and laying down a deposit. My wife was meant to talk me out of it but to my surprise hasn’t put up any resistance.
So once the temperature rises above freezing and the white stuff disappears it’s bye bye KTM hello BMW. I am going to miss my 950sm but am looking forward to the XR.
I can’t justify it but then again maybe I don’t need to.

Offline otrp

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: New member in london
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:59:36 AM »
Hello Johnlar and welcome to the forum. Our winter was all but over until a surprise snow storm happened today. So, like you, I too am waiting for the snow to melt.  :002:

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 04:00:40 AM »
 :400:

Sounds like you might have ended up with the right bike.  :028:

(And the weather has to improve soon)

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 09:14:37 AM »
 :400: Mate great choice of bike, 1 Park Lane Aye very posh must be near the Mclaren showroom.   :001: :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum
Half price accessories what’s that then  :084: :001: