Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trouble getting the RH side belly pan fixing on? I did this...  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Martyn B

• XR Pro
  • Sultan of Bling
  • Bike: S1000XR SE 2018
  • Town: Melksham, Wilts
Is it just me (or my bike) but does anyone else find it a pain getting the right side belly pan fixing on?  :157:

The nut is really tricky to get into place, hold AND turn the screw. I tried my smallest stilson but I couldn't get it into the space and get the right angle. My solution in the end was to use BluTac Glue Spots! I stuck one onto my fingertip and put the nut onto it. That allowed me me to position it behind the hole in the belly pan while I screwed it in with my other hand.

Don't try that with Superglue though kids!  :005:

Next week: How to make an exhaust pipe out of a Fairy Liquid bottle and some sticky back plastic... :155:
What a long strange trip it's been...

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Trouble getting the RH side belly pan fixing on? I did this...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Martyn B [+]
Is it just me (or my bike) but does anyone else find it a pain getting the right side belly pan fixing on?  :157:

The nut is really tricky to get into place, hold AND turn the screw. I tried my smallest stilson but I couldn't get it into the space and get the right angle. My solution in the end was to use BluTac Glue Spots! I stuck one onto my fingertip and put the nut onto it. That allowed me me to position it behind the hole in the belly pan while I screwed it in with my other hand.

Don't try that with Superglue though kids!  :005:

Next week: How to make an exhaust pipe out of a Fairy Liquid bottle and some sticky back plastic... :155:
[/color]

Im looking forward to that.  :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Gaz3014

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Northants
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 07:29:19 AM »

Im looking forward to that.  :001:
[/quote]

:0461: 

I’m at the exhaust decision crossroads, so might be handy 😂
CARPE DIEM

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
Arr sticky back pasting and washing up bottles takes be right back to my childhood :047:

I think a name change for Maryn B is in order I propose valerie singleton  :745:
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 01:05:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
Arr sticky back pasting and washing up bottles takes be right back to my childhood :047:

I think a name change for Maryn B is in order I propose valerie singleton  :745:

:435: Reading through these posts there seems to be a hell of a lot of references to male female crossovers.  :005:  Thinking I might join the Honda 50 Forum, For a more masculine chat line, Just a mo whilst I loosen this corset. Ah thats better, now where was I.   :084: :084:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.