Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: THE BAGGER  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
THE BAGGER
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:10:05 PM »
Hi chaps
Just as a matter of interest have any of you test rode the k 1600 b or bagger it’s known .  I took one out for a 50 mile ride but before I bare my sole want to see what any one else thought of it

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: THE BAGGER
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »
Come on Wayne, be a man, fess up.  Seriously though, I was going to take one out last September at Demo Day, but the waiting list was way too long.  The bike kind of reminds me of a Victory appearance wise. I'm going to try and get on one this year. It looks very interesting. I too would like to hear some opinions.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 08:25:01 PM »
Ok ok
Firstly I think it looks great looks like some thing from a Batman movie
My mate also shouted watch out judge dredd is pulling out of the show room  :008:
First impressions driving out of town were bulky , slow ,arwkward around town , islands etc
As my mates and I made it out of town onto more open roads I started to open the big beast up it wil in no way rip your arms out of the sockets like the xr and I found that I was round the the throttle stop quite a  bit but believe me it builds and builds and never runs out of power till the point when u would be locked up for very excessive speeding  :005:
After an hour or so I found myself thinking this is damm good , it was sooo bloody smooth and powerful not that I’ve ever owned a rolls Royce but that’s what kept going round in my head
Brakes superb , quick shift superb , comfort excellent equipment out of this world heated seats drips electric screen I know other bikes have thes things but it’s all put together so damm well
Right biggest thing in most bike riders requirements handling
After say 20 mile and getting a feeling for the big b I found I was laughing to myself simply because it was a hoot I was throwing it around all over the place over taking everywhere my mate following pulled along side and said be careful if u get much lower round the bends and islands u will be getting a bill for new exhausts  :034:
It’s a bit thirsty if I recall sure it cost 10 quid to do 60 mile but I was hard on the throttle :164:
The one I took out had the foot boards on I wouldn’t have those something else to scrape and I sh#t myself twice trying to get my feet back in time to brake lol
To sum up all I will say is if money was no object I would buy one tomorrow
Is it a bike u would ride every day probably no
Lots of guys seem to swop to Harley’s and stuff as they get older I’ve never ridden a harley but I’d lay money on the fact that the beemer would knock fits out of any of them it’s a superb piece of kit in my opinion

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »
Great review mate, very interesting, I do like the look of them!  :305: may have to test one for sh*ts and giggles

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
Thanks Wayne, great review. Now my curiosity is really peaked.   :002:

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR whi
  • Town: NY Metro
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 11:37:04 PM »
I saw one recently. I thought it looked really cool. Great alternative to a standard cruiser. I hear great things about the 1600 engine but it is largely a highway (motorway?) engine. IF I did cross country trips with any kind of regularity I would consider the 1600GT, were money not an issue. I could not live with that as a daily rider so I'd have to keep the XR or get a Duke GT.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Snatch [+]
I saw one recently. I thought it looked really cool. Great alternative to a standard cruiser. I hear great things about the 1600 engine but it is largely a highway (motorway?) engine. IF I did cross country trips with any kind of regularity I would consider the 1600GT, were money not an issue. I could not live with that as a daily rider so I'd have to keep the XR or get a Duke GT.

Biggest difference with the bagger is it handles so much better than the gt
With its lower centre of gravity but I think they have introduced a gt America
Which has lower pannier and top box I think

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 11:59:49 PM »
True. Probably helps in the slow stuff. But those floorboards touch down a little quickly though no?

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 12:13:36 AM »
Very true snatch I did say wouldn’t bother with those silly things it’s more than comfy enough with standard foot pegs
25 past midnight here I’m off to bed

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:26 AM »
Don't be dreaming about that bagger!  :001: