Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Schuberth SRC Comms  (Read 927 times)

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Schuberth SRC Comms
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
I'm looking for opinions and input on the Schuberth SRC systems.  These are helmet-specific bluetooth comm systems with upgradable software inside.

I would not be using this for bike-to-bike communications, as I ride mostly solo.  It would be primarily for music and listening to the Navigator.  Maybe the phone, but likely not.

What I like so far:
Integration is neat.
Wireless.

I don't like:
Price
Specific to a helmet I'll have no more than 4 years
Helmet speakers.  I prefer ear plugs.  Can't hear the speakers with ear plugs in.

Anyone else have any experience with these SRC?

:187:
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline OldSteve

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000XR
  • Town: Pickering
Re: Schuberth SRC Comms
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
I use earplugs (with filters) and can still hear the speakers if on max volume.  Other than that I think your pros and cons are spot on, especially re price.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:27:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by OldSteve [+]
I use earplugs (with filters) and can still hear the speakers if on max volume.  Other than that I think your pros and cons are spot on, especially re price.

Thank you.  The speakers are my biggest worry; a price so high sets my expectations equally high.
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »
I have no personal experience with the SRC system, but have many riding buddies who have Schuberth's fitted with the units and like the integration of them! I have a Schuberth S2 helmet, but decided to stick with my Sena unit (btw the newer SRC i believe are being made by Sena) for a couple of reasons:
1) as you noted the SRC is expensive and helmet specific
2) I do not have much of a neck and for me the buttons would be difficult to access
3) I have had a Sena for years and it works great, I know where the buttons are(muscle memory) and there was nothing wrong with the unit
4) I use the speakers, but you have an option to use in-ear monitors.

Not sure if that helps you out, but gives more view points.

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
I have an SRC on my S2. Compared to my Sena in my other helmet, the speakers are not that clear nor powerful. I can still hear the src though.
Yet again the sena system is way way better.
The good news is that the latest Schubert’s use sena it is fully integrated and the helmet comes with speakers and antennas integrated. I refer to the latest SR2’s.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 05:09:19 PM »
I considered the Sena first, but loved the clean-install of the SRC system.  However, if Sena supports ear-plugs, I'd say my decision is now made.  Half the cost, twice the ability.
-Erik

-- zbdmark