Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Usual Ducati  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Usual Ducati
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »
As mentioned in earlier posts by my self
My neighbour went for the multi over an xr even after riding mine back from Bristol 🤔🤔 65 miles maybe
Took a day off work to take it for run in service
Got there they said it wasn’t booked in but would do it somehow
Three cuppas later went to see what was happening only to see his Bike totally stripped main oil sump gasket was leaking
Gave him a monster to ride home on he’s still not heard when it’s going to be ready yet another 65 mile to fetch it when it is
😳😳😳😳

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Usual Ducati
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »
Who was that Wolverhampton or Coventry.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
As mentioned in earlier posts by my self
My neighbour went for the multi over an xr even after riding mine back from Bristol 🤔🤔 65 miles maybe
Took a day off work to take it for run in service
Got there they said it wasn’t booked in but would do it somehow
Three cuppas later went to see what was happening only to see his Bike totally stripped main oil sump gasket was leaking
Gave him a monster to ride home on he’s still not heard when it’s going to be ready yet another 65 mile to fetch it when it is
😳😳😳😳

I did take a new Multi for a pedal/test ride when I was looking around for a new machine last year, I found it a nice and very capable machine indeed, but I also spent some time perusing some of the Ducati forums and found (as your neighbor is now finding out), there were lots of horror stories of things going wrong, oil leaks, bits falling off, rods out through the crankcase, failing clutches, failing electrics etc....

I did the same "homework" on the XR, and whilst doing so I found this forum, (glad I did too), there are some small issues, the odd battery and cam chain tensioner issue....but no horror stories of failed engines or bits falling off etc...hence why I now have an XR...!! :028: :152:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:57:51 PM »
Riders Bristol matey 😳 they have had it since last monday

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR whi
  • Town: NY Metro
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
being on the ducati forum is totally what turned me away from it. The new DVT engine is highly flawed as well as the usual Ducati niggles. And when they're down, they're down. Sometimes for weeks. No thanks.
I heard similar stuff about the KTM, which has an abysmal dealer network on top of it, which turned me off to the GT.
It's simply unacceptable to be having these types of problems for bikes at that cost. It's not that they're all that magical when they're at 100% which would perhaps  otherwise justify the risk.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
He had a good deal on it but bought a centre stand 175 quid some heated grips 175 quid spent a week after work fitting the above he could have had an xr for less than all of that said the seat was uncomfortable but he could have sorted the seat on xr for less I reckon

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 07:14:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
Riders Bristol matey 😳 they have had it since last monday

What a silly boy,if your going to run a Ducati then do it via Duc Coventry they are the best in the country by the proverbial mile for the very reasons your mate is finding  out.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
What a silly boy,if your going to run a Ducati then do it via Duc Coventry they are the best in the country by the proverbial mile for the very reasons your mate is finding  out.

He went to cov they offered him 4800 for his z 1000 sx
Riders offered him 6200 that’s why he went there any future services he is going to cov I think  the kingswinford branch has closed down
Mind u they were a bunch of wankers always felt like they didn’t want you in the showroom

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:33:45 PM »
Politically I should have bought a Multi but we just couldn’t get on with a big horsepower twin never mind the Sky Hook sus but in less than a month we are going to Le-Mans cough!! Via Bordeaux and the other couple are on the latest Pikes Peak with just about every bell and whistle not even sure we are going on the X/R but i’ll Be interested to see how his Duc compares.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
What are your other options 😁😁

dysfunctional