Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Longest distance in 24 hours  (Read 1438 times)

Offline billywizzz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: dorset
Longest distance in 24 hours
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
I've signed up to do this years royal British Legion ride 1000 www.rblr1000.co.uk organised with the iron butt association. So 1000 miles in 24 hours looking forward to it....well mostly!
Years ago i rode to sachsenring with a small detour I clocked just over the 900 miles from home in less than 24 hours but that included plenty of autobahn to speed up the ground covered so almost cheating.hoping the xr will munch the miles with ease.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:50:07 AM by billywizzz »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Longest distance in 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 12:07:20 PM »
We’ve done a couple of thousand milers but without some serious distance  on motorways you’ll be going some.

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
Went to Dijon last year to a Classic Bike show, 800 miles in 16 hours, had a bit of a numb bum by the end of it but was on my Blackbird. Going to the Nurburgring in June but this will be on the XR. Should be an interesting ride as this will be my first big trip on it, we are hoping to do it in about 14 hours.   
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Spooch [+]
Went to Dijon last year to a Classic Bike show, 800 miles in 16 hours, had a bit of a numb bum by the end of it but was on my Blackbird. Going to the Nurburgring in June but this will be on the XR. Should be an interesting ride as this will be my first big trip on it, we are hoping to do it in about 14 hours.

When are you going in June ? , I will be there in June we will be staying in Cochem. Always try to get to Cochem at least once a year. Great place to stay with lots going on stacks of Bars and places to eat. Plus great roads to Ride and of course the Ring is close by and always worth a visit. ( spectate only these days )..... :305: :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:05:26 PM »
I have every intention of riding an Iron Butt SS1K, or possibly a SS1K Gold this summer on the 'XR.

I originally abandoned all notions of such things when I first bought the 'XR.  After a few long rides on it, though, I feel confident it will perform admirably.  The only limiter will be fuel quantity.  The key to success is to keep the wheels rolling as much as possible.  Stop only for gas.  Do not take additional rests.  Fuel up close to your route. Blah Blah Blah.  The internet is rich with Iron Butt advice.

I think the XR will do an Iron Butt quite well.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
My butts knackered on any bike after about 5 hours
Hope I’m ok on xr this year going pottes in June ride the picos
Over to Burgos for a massive steak
Onto jaca a ski resort for three nights
Then a place called logrono when we looked it up it’s like the pissed up capital of in land Spain should be good I’ll just have to stand up periodically
Sorry hijacked the thread a little I’d say 740 miles in 12 is the most I’ve done le Harve to Andorra

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:03:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]

Hope I’m ok on xr this year going pottes in June ride the picos

All depends on which way you are going we normally ride down and comeback on the boat it’s very fashionable to do the boat both ways which means you’ve a better chance of doing more miles on a run to wales on a weekend  :002:

Drop out of the Picos and head for Salamanca assuming your looking for a little more culture than a few days on the piss  :008:

For those that travel with their spouses forget Potes,Fuentes de is the place stay  in the Parador think the term is zero light pollution of a night time  :005:

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »
We are always looking for good roads lots of routes from jaca up into the pyraneess and southwards below doing the Santander party boat there and back 🤣🤣🤣🍻🍻🍔🌮

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »
Gonna order me a butt pad like bree s

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 06:50:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
We are always looking for good roads lots of routes from jaca up into the pyraneess and southwards below doing the Santander party boat there and back 🤣🤣🤣🍻🍻🍔🌮

Just showed my other half you post  :001: we’ve been on that bloody thing with a 8 meter swell it was more like the Marie Celeste everyone was too busy throwing up but we have had good ones  :002: