Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Indicators auto-cancel feature / adjustment...  (Read 744 times)

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
Indicators auto-cancel feature / adjustment...
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:24:19 AM »
Quick question: what are the setting options for the auto-cancel of the turn indicators?
Sounds petty I know, but since the bike is equipped with this feature, might as well use it to full advantage  :016:
Had the bike in for the 10,000K service and asked them to reduce the blink rate to half of the original setting, 7/ or 150 metres but they couldn't do it... Said the lowest possible was factory setting, 14 blinks or 300 metres!  :211:
Can anyone confirm, please...
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: Indicators auto-cancel feature / adjustment...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 08:50:58 AM »
Not the case they can be adjusted / shortened by the dealer. Stevexrharley on here had his done recently at our local dealer. Had mine done at the same dealer unfortunately next service they loaded an update and it put them back to the default setting. Keep meaning to pop back in and get them changed it's only a 5 minute job and a freebie with our guys.🖒🏍

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Indicators auto-cancel feature / adjustment...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
Had mine adjusted by the dealer to the minimum but still quite long - about the greater of 20 seconds or 300 metres. Yes you will loose this setting along with all your other settings in setup which will reset to default when they connect your bike to the computer.
PSH

dysfunctional