Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member From Essex  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
New Member From Essex
« on: March 29, 2018, 11:42:20 AM »
Hi - looking at outing my K13S for an XR.

Currently have Superbike bars on my K13S, so probably the wrong bike for me. Will use it mostly one up as my fun bike as I have a K16GT for two up touring.

Starting to see some SE Sports appear in dealers cheap, but have seen a nice one that I fancy the look of and spoke to the owner who seems very genuine. Just sorting out my finances and aim to buy in the next few weeks.  :018:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Re: New Member From Essex
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »
Just do it.  Every XR is a sport bike at heart.  Er, I mean, an adventure bike. 

No, wait, it's a touring bike.

The thing is: it does all of these quite well.  Neither suffers at the better of the other.  It's truly the One Bike to Rule Them All, and in the darkness...
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
Can only confirm what he said above...
You'll LOVE it. It does just about everything (more on that after my track day at Phillip Island next week  :046: :152:
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »
I have only had "K's" for the last five years. Will miss the shaft drive and funny front end. I know chains have got pretty good nowadays and last 15,000 miles or so, and the Dynamic ESA stops the front diving too much when braking into corners.  :012:

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
 :400: As good as it gets. And very versatile sporty if you want it, or just pootle around the lanes or tour with ease.   :018: :018:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Belco100 [+]
Hi - looking at outing my K13S for an XR.

Currently have Superbike bars on my K13S

I just did exactly that, Had a K1200S then K1300S, both with the AC Schnitzer 'Superbike' handlebar conversion. Put about 70,000 miles between the 2. I never thought I would get rid of the K13, but got a good deal on a 16 XR! Only got about 1500 miles on the XR now, but it is lighter, quicker and less effort to ride than the mighty K, so all in all a good move! (I have to add that I never thought I would get rid of the K, it is a great bike, but a bit long in the tooth now with regard to electronics, etc).

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum Belco. Let us know how you get on with the XR.

Offline Flyalfa

• XR Member
  • Town: Halifax
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 09:47:38 PM »
 :400:, the K’s were great bikes but they now appear old hat compared to XR’s.
Enjoy.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »
The OP and I have known each other for some years on various forums and we have already had a chat on the PM as you would expect ak the question you get a biased answer  :002:.

I still have my K not remotely stock so i’ve narrowed the gap down some what between the two,swapping between the bikes the things i notice with the K is the weight and having a throttle cable as apposed to flybywire and swapping either way is a hassle because of the way the engines respond.

But!!! If you are on an X/R that is without doubt easier to ride that needs a lot less input but if you bump into a well sorted K don’t go thinking your going to kick his/her arse cuz you might have more of a struggle on your hands than you think.

Never mind the fact one has to adjust to life with an X/R that spends its life revving it’s tits off  :008:

Offline eljay998

• XR Member
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 10:28:45 AM »
Always good to have another local XR in the fold.   :082:
S1000XR sport SE

dysfunctional