Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: seat swap  (Read 1357 times)

Offline kymm56

• XR Junior
  • Bike: bmw s1000rx
  • Town: Liverpool
seat swap
« on: March 30, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »
Anyone got a low seat for xr 1000 that they would swap for HP sport seat  could meet up and do straight swap, need one cause i'm a short arse   

Offline Tcochrane92

• XR Member
Re: seat swap
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:16:44 PM »
I'd swap you for my standard seat with money your way, or I'll buy your HP seat from you (and then you buy a low seat for yourself)

Is it the HP high seat or standard?

Offline kymm56

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »
go my previous post kymm56 there's a picture

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: County durham
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »
Be wary of  a low seat  being the answer to your problems I don’t think there’s much difference in it ? 20 mm sounds great but in reality depending on how tall you are it won’t help. I had to go the lowering link route which is now great, huge difference. Personally I’d keep your seat because they look great and more comfy than  standard I’m told and lower the bike instead😬

Offline kymm56

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:08:04 PM »
what do get in mm if you lower it then and did you do your own or take it somewhere ????

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
I lowered the bike by 30 mm ,that’s the whole bike front and rear using soupy lowering kit from USA the front you just drop the forks through the yokes to match whatever the rear has been dropped.
I know the seat is 20mm lower but in reality it’s doesnt mean much because the main issue with the xr is the width to straddle your legs past pegs onto floor.i had my standard seat modified with gel inserts etc to try and lose height but there’s not much room to play with.( was done professionally) I reckon you’ll sacrifice some comfort too with a  standard low seat ? Hope this helps

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Hi sorry I forgot to mention I just did it myself, it’s pretty straight forward albeit a touch fiddly , just take your time and think it through? If in doubt my local bmw dealer was willing to do it ( est 2 hrs labour)which they said would not affect warranty other than the part itself., without doubt the best mod I’ve made to date as they are tall bikes for mr dwarfish☺️

Offline kymm56

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
Hi mate sorry i didn't get back been on night's, thanks for the info'' might go down that road, Well if i don't want to keep falling off ????

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
No worries man, it’s the single best mod I’ve made tbh,confidence is much better for those awkward moments where you really need your foot contact down not just your toes😳.
When you 1st drop it on floor you think straight away   Yip,that’s it!! whereas the seat you think    Is that it!

Offline Mattkeane

• XR Junior
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
Hi, I have a low seat here if your interested, it came on my bike when I purchased it, but I bought the hp seat.

Matt

dysfunctional