Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fueling  (Read 13359 times)

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
Fueling
« on: March 30, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »
Haven't had my XR long and as such have only done a few hundred miles on it. Last Sunday was quite nice so went out for a ride with the wife, she rides a CBR600 and at a very modest pace which is fine. Whilst out I couldn't help but notice the snatching at low revs, the only way to get rid of it was to drop down a few gears to raise the revs which is all very well but a bit pointless when you just want to pootle along. So then, having read up on this the question is, has anybody on here had their ECU remapped at Hilltop Motorcycles and if so what if any difference did it make?   
Cheers
Paul  :002:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:44:00 PM by Spooch »
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Fueling
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
Strange how the bike seems to vary in use. I have never had any low rev problems daft as it sounds what rider mode do you use. ?
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
Most if not all XR bikes do that - thank the EU for the emissions restrictions - the bike really runs too lean at low throttle openings. Bikes with higher miles are smoother, riding in ROAD is smoother, using good fuel (super) is smoother, cold weather is smoother, 3rd gear and above is smoother. If you still dont like it and want to do something about it then fit a Rapid Bike Easy which costs around £120 and as it says its easy.
PSH

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:18:39 AM »
I’ll wait till the OP confirms what map he was using there’s War and Piece on here about Hilltop their words ‘They are not Remappers’

I wanted a Rexxer map in my X/R because having two bikes with a PC and then went with Rexxer on my K1200 that is what I wanted, certainly no better but a lot easier to install.

After waiting months with no sign of Rexxer doing anything it was time to go another route,as luck would have it i’ve A mate with the latest TS Tiger who was going the same route so he did some spade work for me as well because the ECU on his is also proving difficult to get into.

I had one gent who reckoned he could get into the 15/16 ECU but I would have to wait because to do it would need stripping down,I had another that reckoned he can get into a 17/18.

The most revealing conversation that I had frankly left me gobsmacked and i’m Certainly not getting into that on here.

The bottom line if you want a proper full on remap then you have to go piggyback be it Rapidbike/Bazzaz/Power Commander.

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Strange how the bike seems to vary in use. I have never had any low rev problems daft as it sounds what rider mode do you use. ?

Usually ride in road mode and sometimes dynamic but can't tell much if any difference between them. Just thought I'd ask on here about a remap as it seems to be a common problem. Guess when I ride with the wife I could just take another bike out.

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Most if not all XR bikes do that - thank the EU for the emissions restrictions - the bike really runs too lean at low throttle openings. Bikes with higher miles are smoother, riding in ROAD is smoother, using good fuel (super) is smoother, cold weather is smoother, 3rd gear and above is smoother. If you still dont like it and want to do something about it then fit a Rapid Bike Easy which costs around £120 and as it says its easy.

Does the Rapid Bike Easy actualy work and do you have any experience of one?

Offline marcparnes

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • Town: SoCal
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Spooch [+]

Does the Rapid Bike Easy actualy work and do you have any experience of one?
I have one on mine and it smoothed it out to where it is not an issue anymore. Only took about 30 minutes to install with most time spent hiding the wires. You'll find another thread on here about the Easy if you do a search.

Marc
'18 Honda Goldwing DCT
'17 Honda VFR1200X DCT

Offline Norbs

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
The most revealing conversation that I had frankly left me gobsmacked and i’m Certainly not getting into that on here.

Why not?

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »
[quote author=Winger link=topic=

:435: Please reveal all  :187:

Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »
Biggest problem with fuelling occurs at low speed in traffic and in hot weather. If you do that  then it can get on your nerves a bit. Otherwise not really an issue.

I did contact Rexxer and they have no plans to include the XR because as Winger says they cant access the ECU.

As the guy above says the RapidBike Easy does help - check out their website. I haven't bothered to fit one myself because for the type of riding I do the fuelling effect is not really a problem ads my bike has done 8k miles.

I have of course complained to the dealer but they cant do anything.  :305:
PSH